Monday, January 31, 2011

Loving Your Man!


Psalm 40:1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.



A few weeks ago, I was talking to an event coordinator on the phone and asked how she got my name.

She told me that she had seen me speak at another event a year ago. She continued by telling me that when she first saw me, she thought I was perfect. That quite frankly, she was turned off. "Then you opened your mouth and I could quickly tell that you weren't perfect. I knew I had to have you come to my church." (There's a compliment in there somewhere!)


As we launch into February, God has placed on my heart to write devotions on "loving your man" as God would have us love our husbands. This subject brings great anxiety to me. I am not perfect and I do not have a perfect marriage. However, as of today, and I pray it never ends, I have a healthy marriage. Yet I would never want to put on the charade that I've got it all figured out - because I don't.

There was a period of time earlier in my marriage when my husband had a very emotionally unstable wife. I was a woman who was in the mud and mire. However, as I committed my marriage and my husband to the Lord, He put a new song in my mouth! I pray that "many see and fear and put their trust in Him."


So as we continue over the next few weeks, I will only be teaching what I have been taught. Please know that in God's economy, anything I'm teaching you, He'll require me to live it out first. Some of the subject matter will be pills that are bitter in taste - yet hold on dear sister - take assurance that if you live out the "pill" of His Word - it will eventually yield deliverance. And He will put a new song in your heart and mouth as well!


Deliverance in Christ is contagious. I pray you'll catch the bug each day as you read and apply what the Lord wants to teach us.

Get ready for pill #1 tomorrow - it doesn't taste good - but the after effects are powerful!

1 comment: