Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Making Each Day Count

Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days aright that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Quiet Time Tip #3:
Make spending time with Jesus a priority in your life. Not an add-on or something you squeeze into your schedule. Seek Him as a vital necessity.
When you do - you'll grow in wisdom and will make each day count.
I woke up the other day thinking about Elizabeth Edwards. Don't get me wrong, I was not a fan of her politics. Quite the contrary, but my heart has grieved for this woman (for many reasons).
What if we were told that we had terminal cancer? How would we live our lives today? I personally would want every day to count and I would want my life to count in God's eyes as well. So as we start the New Year, I've resolved, (to the best of my ability) to make the most of everyday.
What small steps can we take to the make the most of everyday?
  • Are you a mom? Enjoy the chaos that often comes with it. They will be out of your house before you know it.
  • How much TV are we watching? Are we becoming smarter and wiser as a result?
  • Are you taking care of an ailing parent or spouse? Enjoy every moment you have with them. Ask God to give you meaningful conversation and days together. Record them!
  • Is it working in an office? Be grateful that you have job. Work at it with all your heart as working for God not man. God has you there for a purpose.
  • Is the weather getting you down? Praise God that you can breath today - that you can walk and talk. Count your blessings! Enjoy the cold!

The Bible tells us that all of our days are numbered. That God knows the end from the beginning. When my final day comes, I don't want to look back with any regrets. It starts with spending daily time with Jesus - making Him a vital necessity in our lives. When we do, He'll give us the wisdom to make the most of everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Agree with every single word!
    Blessings on your day my friend!
    xoxo,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete