Friday, January 28, 2011

Practical Help

Hebrews 13:6
The Lord is my Helper; I will not be afraid...

Tip #12:
God will help you in practical ways - IF you'll make time for Him.


I always marvel at how practical God is.

My week has been full. When I have weeks like this, sometimes I feel like my head is spinning. One of the many things that had my head swirling this week was a quarterly meeting that I have with my board of directors. These women, along with my husband, are my "Moses'". They are wise in the ways of the Lord. I don't dare waste their time and I want to be fully prepared for any question they may have. I only get their ear quarterly - so I want to make the time count.

So as I sat in my quiet time on Wednesday morning, prior to the Thursday meeting, I was amazed at the things flooding my mind. I was reading one thing - yet my thoughts was elsewhere. The thoughts were Jesus - being that practical Helper. He was showing me how to refine and define various projects I wanted to bring before them. They were small, simple things that would enable them to have greater understanding of what I wanted to communicate. In fact, they were GREAT ideas that I never would have thought of on my own. And indeed, they allowed for greater simplicity and flow during the meeting.


Do you see how practical He is? He doesn't just want to help you with the big things in your life. He wants to help you with the little things too. He is a God detail. However, He's waiting on you to ask for His help.

Are you short on time? Is your head spinning with all the things you have going on? Get out of bed in the morning. Or PURPOSEFULLY pull aside to a quiet place during the day - go into His Presence. Ask Him to direct your thoughts. Invite Him to invade your thinking and schedule.

He'll arrange your day. And He'll assimilate your thoughts in such practical ways that you'll be more efficient for the day ahead.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment