Thursday, June 9, 2011

Family Vacation



We have been in Wrightsville Beach, NC this week enjoying some much needed family time! Thought I'd share some of our trip with you!

The above picture was sunset the first evening we were there - breath-takingly beautiful!



My children loved playing in the surf! Will likes to go further out now.

Mama's not liking that too much!




I got up each morning around 6:00am to enjoy the sunrise and spend time with Jesus. It is such a special time of day. Everything is still and silent. Listen to what the Bible says,
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge."
Psalm 19:1-2


Each evening we enjoyed the sunset and a walk to the pier for ice cream!




Caroline just recently read, Soul Surfer, the Bethany Hamilton story.

She was pretending to be Bethany in this shot!




Most each day, we had a picnic lunch around the pool or on the beach. The last beach day, Will surprised us with our beach lunch. He had made everyone a peanut butter and jelly and packed a cooler with drinks, chips, fruit and, of course, dessert! He had even cleaned up after himself in the kitchen. I praised him for his servant heart! (This is often rare!)





My husband and I went to college at UNC Wilmington, so this makes Wrightsville Beach especially special to us. We made a point to visit all of our old stomping grounds for dinner. On this particular night, we ate at Elijah's. Tim worked there for much of his college career. Behind us is the Cape Fear River.

The only night we didn't eat out, we were guests of one my mother-in-laws friend's, Miss Nancy at Figure 8 Island. We floated on noodles in the canal behind her house. Tim cooked amazing cheeseburgers on the grill that night, and we listened to Scotty McCreery's "I Love You This Big," over and over and over again! Will and Caroline love Scotty. Later in the evening, I asked Miss Nancy to show us John Edward's home on Figure 8, which was very unassuming. I was surprised. It made me sad to think about all this family has gone through and continues to go through.




Tim was so great - always willing to swim in the cold water with the children while I sat on the beach reading!





And each day, our cabana boy, I mean, Tim, set up our camp on the beach - umbrellas and all. I'm only teasing! This was our ongoing joke all week that he was our cabana boy!

Thank you for allowing me to reminisce about our trip. It was so much fun. Many sweet memories were made!


Have a great day:)


























































































































































































1 comment:

  1. What adorable pictures... Your family is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete