Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bald Head Island

Sorry, no makeup or cute hairdos this trip!


I have to be honest. I pre-wrote blog posts for this week for our parenting series because I really didn't want to share that I was at the beach again! I guess I was afraid that you'd think that I'm a spoiled brat going to the beach two weeks in a row! I never get to vacation this much. Truly, it's been a blessing.

This week, my kids and I were invited to Bald Head Island with a friend of mine who has a house here. Amy and I, aka the Cruise Directors, have been herding and feeding a flock of 6 kids since Monday, two of whom are teenagers. What spice this has added to our trip!




This is our motley crue! You have to get to Bald Head Island on a ferry. This was the ferry ride over on Monday. We had so much fun eating lunch in Southport that we almost missed the ferry. Amy and I forgot that after we unload, we have to park the car almost a mile away!




This was on the ferry after running a mile! We had new appreciation for our husbands after doing this. They normally do all the grunt work when we come to Bald Head!




On Bald Head Island, there are no cars. Everyone travels by golf cart or bike. This was at the hardware store on the way to the beach. We bought nets for fishing.

Tuesday, we caught a big blue crab! Then when we tried to set it free - it was stuck in our net. I began praying for the crab! Finally it was set free!



Today at East Beach.


All this to say, I can't focus! The blogs I pre-wrote are complete, but they just need some editing - not prepared to release them until they are at 100%. I'm going home tomorrow after a trip to Old Baldy.


More Tomorrow!

Have a great Thursday:)










1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! Too cute pics... Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete