Monday, February 21, 2011

Going "'There"

James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

I had lunch with a friend last week. Except this friend is not your average girlfriend-lunch-date. She is one of my teachers. One of my advisers and mentors. Her name is Suzi McDuffee. I love her and I greatly value what she has to say.

Suzi began our time together by encouraging me (as she often does), by sharing she was enjoying my blog posts. And then, in moment of deafening silence - she confirmed what I already knew deep down. "But I hope you're going 'there'."

"I don't want to go 'there'," I said in my best whiny voice. "For heavens sake, my mom reads these blogs."

But in her wise, reaffirming voice, she said, "you must go 'there'. Every women needs to hear it -including your mom. No one else is talking about it - you need to."

So what is the "there" we're talking about?
'There' is: intimacy with your husband. A.K.A: sex.

If you could have been a fly on the wall, you would have blushed while listening to our conversation. Suzi had so many great thoughts. As any good student, I whipped out a piece of paper and began taking notes.

This week or however long it takes, I'll share much of what we talked about. I think you're going to be surprised, encouraged and challenged by what you'll learn.

The question is:
Once confronted with biblical truth - will you be a doer, not just a hearer? This blog is about changing our thinking and about obedience to God's Word.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't write these each day to give you warm/fuzzes. In fact, this is a subject that I'd rather run away from, but God is asking me to take it public. So in obedience, as I say "yes" to God -

Will you in turn be willing to say "yes" to Him as well? Do we love the Lord enough to do what He's asking us to do - regardless of our feelings?

If your answer is yes, put on your seat belt and tune in - because we're going 'there'!

1 comment:

  1. Tara,
    I just read your post over at NSSS and was encouraged to know that I'm not the only one who occasionally jumps ahead of God. Thank you for sharing!
    I purchased your study and journal at She Speaks last summer and I just want to thank you. I had allowed my walk with God to grow stale, and with your help (because of Him in you) I was able to find my way back.
    God bless you, sister,
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete