Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do Not Grow Weary

Whew, I don't know about you, but I need some encouragement after these last few posts. I personally want to know that if no one else is noticing - that Someone - the One that truly matters - God Himself is noticing all this dying to self, submitting and serving stuff.

Galatians 5:9
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Two weeks into trying things God's way in 2003, I began whining to Him, "when is it going to be my turn to be served?" Looking back, I sounded like a 2 year old-

Slowly, over time, as I persevered with these daily pills - God began to open my eyes to my husband's response. He was noticing. And in return, he was beginning to serve me in his own way. He would wash my car and fill it up with gas. (A huge favor when you have a suburban, a baby and 2 year old.) He would encourage me on Saturday's or Sunday's to get out - to have "Tara time". He still does all of these things plus much more.

In obedience to God's Word, I can honestly say after all these years, my husband and I have a lifestyle of serving each other. Most of the time, we put the other before ourselves. This makes for a very loving and peaceful home.

Keep in mind - it started with one - one who was desperate for change - and GOT IT - as she began doing it God's way.

So if this serving, submitting and dying-to-self stuff is all new, take heart. Do not become weary in doing good, you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.

And if your husband is not noticing yet, I want to encourage you with an excerpt from my Bible Study, Establishing a Vibrant Quiet Time and Prayer Time:

Hagar, in Genesis 13, gives God the name, El Roi. In Hebrew, El Roi means the God who sees me.

God sees you too. Know with all of your being that God sees you:

  • when no one else cares to look.
  • He sees through the smile we wear, though we're a crumbled mess on the inside.
  • He sees when we have a lump in our throat and are fighting back tears.
  • He sees when we've been wronged.
  • He sees when we are trusting Him and our circumstances get worse.
  • He sees our hurt when we're mistreated.
  • He sees when our heart is broken and we are doing everything we can to hold it together.
  • He sees when we are stretched financially and emotionally and are barely hanging on by a thread.
  • He sees when we serve Him tirelessly, yet no one else notices or seems to care.
  • He sees when we choose to forgive others that have wronged us.
  • He sees ever tear we shed.

Dear sister, God sees. He is the God who sees us. Do not become weary and give up. At the proper time, you will reap a harvest.

I hope you are encouraged today-

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment