Monday, August 26, 2013

When You're not Feelin' it!

 

September ISI information Below!  Save the date!

 
When You're not Feelin' it!
(Please note: Today's post piggy-backs last week's, When he Doesn't want your Jesus. If your husband is doing anything illegal or immoral... If you are being abused in any way - please seek professional counsel.)
John 14:14
"You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it."
 
Take a look at where we left off last week.  In marriage, this verse gives practical explanation for supernatural results. 
1 Peter 3:2 AMP
"When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes:
to respect,
defer to,
revere him - to honor,
esteem,
appreciate,
prize,
and in the human sense to adore him, that is to admire, praise,
be devoted to,
deeply love and
enjoy your husband."
 
So our question today is, "What do you do if you're not feelin' it ?"  Because let's face it, there are days, you don't feel like esteeming him or adoring him or prizing him...
 
In my opinion, few things are harder than acting a way I'm not feeling.  In fact, I've been told I have a horrible poker face when someone tells me something that rubs me wrong.
But as it relates to a husband who wants nothing to do with our Jesus - our responsibility is obedience to God's Word, regardless of how we feel.
 
As women who desire to make a difference - we can't always live by the way we feel.  If we do, we will NEVER impact our corners of the world in a meaningful, eternal way. 
 
So what are we to do?  We find our answer in today's Scripture. 
 
Pray God's Word back to Him.  
 
We are promised (as we see in today's passage) He'll answer in the affirmative when we pray His Word. 

Let me give you an example of what your prayer might look like.  (Keep in mind - I'm honest before the Lord.  I hold nothing back.  I tell Him what I'm feeling - knowing only He can change my heart.)
 
"Lord, Your Word says I am to feel all that reverence includes for this man who's drivin' me crazy.  I personally don't thing he's deserving. 

But, never mind me, Lord.  I choose to obey you.  

Please help me to deeply love my husband; to enjoy him and respect him.  Help me to see him the way You see him.  Where love has died, create new love.  For You, oh Jesus, are in the business of bringing dead things back to life as You came up out of the grave.  Raise my emotions and feelings toward this man.

Right now in Jesus name, I receive resurrection power to obey Your Word.  Thank you ahead of time that You'll bring my emotions along.  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."
 
Girlfriend, pray God's Word back to Him. 
Choose to obey - despite your feelings. 
TRUST that He will supernaturally help our feelings catch up to our intentional behavior.
 
Fruit will come!  I can personally testify - that what I'm sharing today... WORKS!
 
But you've got to press in.  And I'm not talking about a week long behavior change; or a month-long or seasonal behavior change.  I'm talking about a life-style shift.  Living God's Word when you're feelin' it and when you're not feelin' it.
 
Then, dear sister - He WILL want to know your Jesus.
 
Next Post:  Submission gone bad.


Save the Date:  Friday, SEPTEMBER 13, 2013
Guest Speaker:  Cindy Finley; Cindy is doing a Blog Study on Philippians.  Get to know her!




General Session:  5 Roadblocks to Extraordinary Living
Workshop:  Discovering Your Sweet Spot

More details to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment