Monday, August 5, 2013

Does God Speak to Ordinary People? + 2 New Announcements



ISI is FRIDAY, August 9th! REGISTER NOW
 
We're excited about our August kick-off speaker and message Friday!  (See below for details)
We're excited to see you again!  And we're excited to see how God is going to grow each of us so that we can impact our corners of the world!
 
If you have not already signed up for Friday's luncheon - Wednesday is the deadline for the Pre-Registration rate.  Don't miss out!
2 NEW Announcements for ISI: 
1.  Opportunity for FREE LUNCH!

1. Go ahead and pay/register yourself -
2. Invite 5 friends -
They must pay and pre-register by the deadline: August 7th
3. Notify us that your table is registered and who they are.
 We'll refund your $ and YOUR LUNCH IS FREE!
 
We're finding that women (who may be leery of organized religion) will come to the luncheon at a place like MacGregor.  Impact your corner of the world for Christ by inviting women in your corner to hear practical, life-changing messages.
 
2.  NEW MENU!
Starting in August (and every other month), we'll begin offering a hot plated lunch! 
 
August menu: 
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Asparagus
Rolls and butter -
If you are a vegetarian or specific dietary needs - no problem!   Let us know.

John 8:47
"He who belongs to God hears what God says."

Whenever I used to hear people say, “The Lord told me…,”  My immediate thought was, 'How weird!  How could anyone hear God speak, I’d ask myself.  Except maybe the special people.'
I used to think that God only spoke to the important people of the world – like the Billy Graham's, the Beth Moore's, the preachers and teachers.   Certainly, ordinary people like me could never know Him the way the greats of the Bible and the greats of our generation know Him.   And certainly, I thought, people with a past like mine are never worthy enough to hear His voice.
So let me begin by asking you the question:  Do you believe God will to speak personally to you?  

YOU!  The one who's has worn a Scarlet Letter? 

                YOU, the one who may have limited Bible knowledge? 

                                YOU, the one who was not raised going to church? 

                                                YOU, the one who has major life issues and struggles? 

                                                                YOU, the one who feels so unworthy?

The more I understand Scripture, the more I understand how personal and intimate God desires to be with His creation.
 
This is why it's so dangerous to have a calloused heart.  You'll miss out on His voice.  You'll miss out on His direction and guidance.  His comfort and encouragement.

The subject of God speaking to ordinary people has become the passion of my life and KGM.   To me it’s profound that the God of the Universe would speak personally to me and to you.  That He’ll speak about major life issues as well as minor life issues.  I’m addicted to my time with God. 
  • When trials and tribulations come…
  • When there are decisions to make…
  • When I receive bad news… 
The only person I want to hear from is my Jesus.   In the past, I used to run to other people to hear their thoughts, opinions and get their advice. 

NOW... until I hear personally from Jesus, I’d prefer not to hear anyone else’s thoughts or opinion.  Often their voices tend to only confuse me, making me indecisive.

Do you believe God will to speak personally to you?   What are your thoughts on this subject?  
I'd really love to hear from you.  More in the next post -
 
Related Resource - Created for Purpose
For more information, click HERE

ISI is FRIDAY, August 9th! REGISTER NOW
Speaker: Gwen Brodd
General Session: Unwrapping the Gift of Sexual Intimacy
Sexual intimacy between a husband and wife is a gift from God. So what is your attitude toward sex? Drudgery? Obligation? Enjoyment? Fulfilling? The physical union of a husband and wife is designed by God to meet a God-given desire for companionship, to protect the husband and wife from temptation and for the mutual giving and receiving of great pleasure and joy between husband and wife.In this session the “gift of sexual intimacy will be unwrapped” and you will learn how to enjoy the gift God has given you and your husband.
Workshop: How can I have Peace… My Closet’s a Mess!
Is your home a haven of harmony and peace or one of chaos and clutter? This workshop will teach your how to get the clutter out of your home and keep it out. You can have an organized home that will being glory to God.
Don't miss it! REGISTER NOW!
General Session - 11:30am – 1:00pm

Pre-registration thru August 7th – $20
After August 7th – $25
Workshop – 1:20-2:10pm
$5 with Lunch
$15 Workshop Only
Location:
MacGregor Downs Country Club
430 Saint Andrews Lane
Cary, NC
Open to ALL Women -


1 comment:

  1. So excited! A friend and I registered for the luncheon this morning! And we already have a few others from San Lee Chapel who are hoping to join us!!

    ReplyDelete