Monday, August 19, 2013

What Time is It? Part 2





“Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge.”
Psalm 19:2

As I started to tell you last week:

The clock said 4:34.
And, yes, that was “a.m.”

This, however, was not a typical “roll over, glance at the clock, go back to sleep" moment:  those numbers JUMPED off the clock and knocked me awake.
When I heard “Look it up,” I knew that this was not an “inconvenient” wake-up:  this was an “invitation” to a Daddy-Daughter date. 
Seeing the hours and minutes on the clock just might be
a SCRIPTURE REFERENCE, calling you to dive into God’s Word.  

3:16 is about the only one I could identify by itself, for it’s John 3:16.  

I don’t easily memorize chapter and verse.  So- - -4:34?  All I can say is, PRAISE THE LORD FOR GOOGLE! 

I grabbed my laptop, typed in “4:34” and  - WOW!
The primary verse that leapt off the page was :
Luke 4:34  - - - -“My food is to do the will of Him who sent me
and to accomplish His work..”
Why was this important to me

It affirmed to me my position with Tara and the Knowing God Ministries team . . . on the very week that we were kicking off this new season.  My sweet Lord was letting me know:  I’m exactly where I belong. AND, it affirmed:  I’ve got work to do.

And a second reference did the “resonance” thing, too:
Mark 4:34.  - - - - He did not say anything to them without using a parable.
But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.”

Oh, what another sweet confirmation this verse is to this “artsy” and “deep” woman!  Jesus Himself used parables - - word pictures – ORDINARY IMAGES – simple, daily-life “things” to speak and teach His truth!

So, the “work I’ve got to do” is in staying true to the purpose He has created for me:
  1. Being obedient to hear His voice –
  2. Writing what I hear. . .  
  3. Not being afraid of using ordinary life things – like digital clocks! – to share His truths!


Have fun with this one, friends!  Use the digital-clock-Google-reference method (disclaimer:  not found in any theological seminary curriculum!).

Sometimes it’s just a fun exercise in searching for Biblical references.  But what I have found is this – any time I am faithful to open His Word, He is faithful to speak.

[Please share your experiences with the digital clock “prayer trigger” 
and encourage us all by commenting below any time.]



No comments:

Post a Comment