Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Biblical Submission - What does it Look Like?

Don't miss my Fall Conference Schedule (below)
Maybe you can come - you and YOUR DAUGHTER!

 
Next Friday, September 13th 
Speaker:  Cindy Finley
 

 
 "FIVE ROADBLOCKS TO EXTRAORDINARY LIVING"
 Do you wrestle with Fear? Shame?
You will NOT want to miss this luncheon!

Workshop: "Finding Your Sweet Spot"
Your sweet spot?  It's where your personality, life experiences, gifts, talents, abilities, and the causes that stir your heart intersect connect. Join Cindy and learn how to experience purpose, pleasure, and passion in your everyday life.
 


Ephesians 5:22
Wives submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
  
Nancy Cobb,co-author of 5 Award Winning Marriage Books, has told me, "Biblical submission is a gift from the Lord to women."



Nancy and I at an ISI luncheon.  She's often there. 
Come meet her!  She's very approachable.
 
So, what does biblical submission look like in everyday life?

My very first opportunity to practice biblical submission came many years ago over the issue of money. One night, my husband and I had a disagreement.  The disagreement got bigger and more heated by the minute. I thought my way was best. He thought his -  

No one was budging. 

As usual, I stomped off in a huff to my bunker, the Master Bedroom, and slammed the door.  

After about an hour of sulking, I began thinking about our strengths.  (I know this was the Lord bringing it to mind, because I was still too angry.)  

Finance is NOT my strength. 

My husband, on the other hand is an MBA.  He is also a numbers guru.  So what was God telling me?  Clearly, my husband's idea was better.  

Reluctantly, I forced myself out of the bunker and ate humble pie.   Immediately, peace was restored in our home. His tone and his spirit were softer, kinder.  Joy began re-surfacing...

Just last week, I had another "submission opportunity."   My flesh wanted to lash out and have it's way!  I was passionate about MY position.  But before I said something I'd have to apologize later for, I could hear the Holy Spirit telling my heart, "Be quiet."  

Somehow, I managed to keep my mouth shut.

As a result - God was given an opportunity to work.  In just 2 days, God turned my husband's heart in MY DIRECTION.  I didn't have to say an unkind word.  I didn't have to control or manipulate.   God did it.  He is such a BIG GOD!

Oh girlfriend, biblical submission is not the albatross the world says it is.  Submission invites God to do far more than we can accomplish in our own strength.  It's not always easy - but it can yield powerful results.

Next Posts:    Submission for the Super Strong Woman
                        Submission Gone Terribly Wrong - 


Award-winning, The Politically Incorrect Wife
Do you need help in the area of submission? 
Nancy and Connie devote an entire chapter explaining this very misunderstood and misdefined topic.
To ORDER



Join Tara for her upcoming Conferences:
September 14th: 
St. Fidelis Catholic Church, Butler, Pa
                             Girlfriends Unlimited Women's Conference
                             More information, contact:  jcygan@gmail.com
 
September 20-21st:
Hephzibah Baptist Ladies Retreat, Wendell, NC
Click HERE for more information
 
 
October 4-6th:
Mother/Daughter Legacy Retreat, Camp Willow Run, Littleton,NC
Grades 6-12.
Registrations are open for Camp Willow Run’s 22nd annual fall Mother-Daughter LEGACY Retreat, October 4-6! This unique retreat is for Moms and their daughters in Grades 6-12.
 
 The theme: MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN MY GENERATION
You will be so blessed with wonderful times of meeting new friends, feasting on the delicious Camp Willow Run meals, relaxing by the shore of Lake Gaston, sitting under the stars at the campfire, enjoying the fun and challenges of outdoor recreation, and, most importantly, lifting our voices in Praise and Worship and having a fascinating time of Bible study! Sign-up now and join this fabulous adventure and precious memory for years to come! Hope to see you here!
Registration information/forms are available at www.campwillowrun.org. Click onto this link to download information.

October 19th:
Prayer Summit
Saint Francis United Methodist Church, Cary, NC

SFUMC’s Prayer Ministry team will be hosting a Prayer Summit of area churches on Saturday, October 19, 9 am to Noon. Meet and greet with each other with music and refreshments, join in corporate prayer and walk the labyrinth. All are invited. Let us know you will be attending!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment