Monday, September 9, 2013

Submission Gone Wrong

1. Don't miss my Fall Conference Schedule
Would love to meet you and possibly YOUR DAUGHTER! (See details below)

 
2. ISI is Friday - September 13th. 
Pre-registration rate ends Wednesday. 
Speaker: Cindy Finley


General Session:  "FIVE ROADBLOCKS TO EXTRAORDINARY LIVING"
Do you wrestle with Fear? Shame?
You will NOT want to miss this luncheon!

Workshop: "Finding Your Sweet Spot"
Your sweet spot? It's where your personality, life experiences, gifts, talents, abilities, and the causes that stir your heart intersect connect. Join Cindy and learn how to experience purpose, pleasure, and passion in your everyday life.
 



John 15:5
Jesus says, "I am the Vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing."

His schedule was the same most every day:  work and then out with colleagues to a bar for a drink.
 
It started as one - two nights a week...  But soon, it was most everynight.  Sadly, one drink led to many, which eventually led to an adulterous affair.  Which resulted in the death of a marriage and the pain of a family torn apart.
 
I can still remember the voice on the other end of the phone.  It was the voice of a mutual friend who had called to ask, "What went wrong?"  She shared that our mutual friend had submitted and the marriage still fell apart. 
 
I was at a loss for words.  I didn't know what to say. 

So I took my friend's question into my quiet time and asked the Lord.  I didn't get an immediate answer. 

But one morning, not long after that conversation, I heard the Voice.  The Voice was answering the question I had asked days before.  I recognized the Voice, because...
  • It was the same Voice Who had answered my question about the church ordaining gay clergy -
  • It was the same Voice Who answered the question I had about homosexuality in general. 

(I had so many questions as it related this issue.  But the world offered nothing that settled my heart.  But God did - He assured me of His love for all people, but gave me the answer found in John 8:1-11.)
This same Voice seemed to say, "Apart from Me, you can do nothing...  Apart from Me, submission is meaningless." 
 
I went back to our mutual friend and asked, "What does her quiet time look like?  Was the Lord telling her to, 'Submit to all these outings without saying a word?  Never a word?'"
 
Proverbs 3:7 tells us, "There's a time to be silent and there's a time to speak."
 
Apart from an abiding relationship with Jesus - we can do NOTHING of any eternal significance.  Did you notice the phrase, "Apart from Me you can do NOTHING."  (my caps)
 
This passage is referring to EVERYTHING in life!  From our parenting; our grandparenting; our marriages; our hobbies; our jobs; our ministries etc...  And yes to submission in marriage. 
 
There's a time to be silent - but there's a time to speak.  To speak with respect but with great firmness.  (Personally, I have to be careful, because firmness can become a BLAST if I'm not careful.  The Lord and I are still working on this.) 

However, apart from Him, how will we know when to be silent... And when to speak?

Jesus PROMISES that when we spend time with Him on a regular basis, we WILL bear fruit.  Fruit in every area of our lives! 

 


Award-winning, The Politically Incorrect Wife
Do you need help in the area of submission? Understanding it more fully? And how it works.
Nancy and Connie devote an entire chapter explaining this very misunderstood and misdefined topic.
To ORDER



Join me for my upcoming Conferences:
September 14th:
St. Fidelis Catholic Church, Butler, Pa
Girlfriends Unlimited Women's Conference
More information, contact: jcygan@gmail.com
September 20-21st:
Hephzibah Baptist Ladies Retreat, Wendell, NC
Click HERE for more information
October 4-6th:
Mother/Daughter Legacy Retreat, Camp Willow Run, Littleton,NC
Grades 6-12.
Registrations are open for Camp Willow Run’s 22nd annual fall Mother-Daughter LEGACY Retreat, October 4-6! This unique retreat is for Moms and their daughters in Grades 6-12.
The theme: MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN MY GENERATION
You will be so blessed with wonderful times of meeting new friends, feasting on the delicious Camp Willow Run meals, relaxing by the shore of Lake Gaston, sitting under the stars at the campfire, enjoying the fun and challenges of outdoor recreation, and, most importantly, lifting our voices in Praise and Worship and having a fascinating time of Bible study! Sign-up now and join this fabulous adventure and precious memory for years to come! Hope to see you here!
Registration information/forms are available at www.campwillowrun.org. Click onto this link to download information.

October 19th:
Prayer Summit
Saint Francis United Methodist Church, Cary, NC

SFUMC’s Prayer Ministry team will be hosting a Prayer Summit of area churches on Saturday, October 19, 9 am to Noon. Meet and greet with each other with music and refreshments, join in corporate prayer and walk the labyrinth. All are invited. Let us know you will be attending!



No comments:

Post a Comment