Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Boot Camp - Day 1: The Chair

Do you want to make special memories
with your daughter
and a have a lot of fun???
JOIN ME - next weekend:  October 4-6th:
Mother/Daughter Legacy Retreat, Camp Willow Run, Littleton,NC
Grades 6-12.
 
The theme: MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN MY GENERATION  
  • Delicious meals,
  • Relaxing by the shore of Lake Gaston, NC
  • Sitting under the stars at the campfire making smores. 
  • Enjoying the fun and challenges of outdoor recreation, and, most importantly
  • Life-changing messages sure to impact you and your daughter.
Registration information/forms are available at www.campwillowrun.org.  
Click link to download registration.
 
There are times in my preparations for a conference, that I get so excited, I almost come out of my skin.  This is one of those conferences.  You and your daughter are in for a treat!  Register today!

 
Luke 11:1
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place.
 
For the past 2 weekends, I've had the HONOR of speaking at 2 different women's conferences in 2 different cities in 2 different states.   (In one of the cities, one woman, knowing the cultural differences than the city I live, asked me if I needed a passport to get to her city!  LOL  So funny:)

Though I was in 2 totally different cities - the stories I heard shared the same common thread.  I heard stories of difficult circumstances;  stories of hard heartedness towards intimacy in marriage; stories of heartbreak; stories of fear; stories of great perplexity.

Yet, regardless of their story, their life experience or the culture in which they live in - their answer is the same. 

It's the same for you too.

Our answer is found in the chair.
 
What's the chair?  It's the location in your home where you spend time with Jesus. 

It's NOT: 
Your computer chair or
Your seat in the car - (Unless your commute is an hour+.) or
Your seat in the pew at church (although this is a good chair!)
 
Please note:  These chairs will not and do not count for boot camp. 
 
The chair I'm talking about is a chair in your home.  A place that you consistently go to spend time with the God who created you.  A place that is neat and orderly.  A place you can go to find refreshment and comfort.  A place where you can find the answers and the power to what you learn.
 
If the church chair is the only chair we sit once a week in an effort to find answers to life issues in marriage; parenting; jobs; in our brokenness or in our struggles...  We will never find meaningful answers that stick.
 
So where's your chair?  If you don't have one - GET ONE before I post again next week.  (Pictured above is my chair!)
 
 
Homework - begin reporting daily to your chair.  More to come.
 
SHOUT OUTS:
  1. This past weekend, I was led to challenge the women of Hephzibah Baptist to join me on Monday morning at 5:30 in their chair.  Were you there???  I was - And I was thinking about you and praying for you.  (Sorry I don't have any pics from this group.  Does anyone have any they can share?)
  2.  
  3. Shout out to Jenny Cygan, Jenifer Henry, Chrissy Rockcastle and the rest of the Girls Unlimited Team in Butler, Pa.  These girls are simply amazing and we have fallen in love with them!  It's the second year they've had us back.  These women not only have their chairs established - but have been faithfully sitting in them - allowing God to direct their individual lives.  It's so beautiful to watch. 
Autumn, my traveling and ministry partner, Jenny Cygan and myself
 

At the airport going home after 3 sessions.  I was so sick on this day.  Yet God sustained me by making me and my voice strong for 3 hour-long sessions.  When I said the closing prayer at the end of the third session - my voice vanished.  Literally gone.  (Barely got Amen, out.) 
Talk about experiencing God's power in service!  (He'll do the same for you too!)
It would be 11pm before we would get home that night.
 


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so this will be my last post I can "catch up on" until later but I just had to share! I found your blog originally and I was in a desperate place in my life... Not relying on Christ but going through the motions. Through your blog and your original study I made my renewal in Christ and allowed Him rightful place. My quiet time hasn't always been the best but I am trying.

    Fast forward to our move and our new home and I now have A CHAIR!!! Woo hoo!!! I have my quiet place in my new home that I meet with the Lord and I LOVE it!

    I am up for the challenge of rising at 5:30! I would like to join you in that challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete