Monday, September 23, 2013

Boot Camp: Benefits

1 Timothy 4:8
"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things..." 
(italics mine)

My sister-in-law graciously invited me to boot camp every Monday morning from 8:00-9:00 with a personal trainer and 4 other women. 

Today, was Day 3 out of 10 workouts.   As I write this, (it's Monday am) my legs are burning like there is no tomorrow.  They hurt!  But despite the pain, the benefits are worth it. 

The benefits I'm noticing in just 3 short sessions:
  • I'm getting in better shape. 
  • My body is stronger. 
  • My jeans are fitting better! 
  • Boot camp motivates me through the rest of the week to workout and to eat better.  
  • Exercise and eating better, gives me a sharper, more keen mind. 
Today, as I was pushed to the limit by doing a rotating plank.   Not only was I feeling like a rotisserie chicken that could barely hold on to the stick, but I began thinking about the value of spiritual training. 

Perhaps you, like me, need a trainer in order to get motivated.  If this sparks your interest, let me share some of the benefits I glean from spiritual training:
  • I seem to accomplish more in less time -
  • My mind becomes aligned with God's perspective so that I'm able to assimilate what IS important and what's NOT important for the day -
  • I have supernatural wisdom and insight for making decisions. 
  • I have confidence to stand firm with decisions I've made - be it in parenting, business or ministry -
  • I'm sweeter to my husband and gentler with my children. 
  • I have more patience with everyone from the unfriendly cashier - to the person who grates my nerves -
  • I'm directed toward meaningful, fruitful work.
  • The negative thoughts that can plague me are SILENCED -
  • Fearful thoughts that come from life's trials that seek to reappear and torment me are SILENCED!
  • I have more joy -
  • I have more peace (despite my circumstances)
  • I'm not easily offended -
  • There's power to do what I'm called to do each day.*
Do you see the value in godliness training?  I'm merely scratching the surface.

If this sparks your interest, allow me the privilege of being your trainer over the next few weeks.  I guarantee, if you are willing... if you apply yourself, you will start seeing changes that impact all areas of your everyday life!

But before we start, let's go over a few rules...

Next Post:  Boot Camp: Rules
*List taken from Created for Purpose p 58

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tara, this post is so fitting as I just started the 5 week "Living and Active" Challenge through Peak 313 Fitness. We are challenged to exercise 4 times a week and memorize a weekly scripture verse. It's truly helping me to see myself the way God sees me, able to do anything through Him. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts on this boot camp!

    ReplyDelete