Thursday, July 11, 2013

Is Abortion Wrong? Part 2

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of a creature is in the blood...

So is abortion wrong? Is it a political issue? Or is it a moral issue?

The God of the Universe; the Whom we must one day give an account says, "Life is found in the blood."  And facts reveal, the heart begins pumping at Week 3. 
Second Month of Pregnancy
 Years ago, God used grabbed my attention on this issue with Proverbs 6:16. (For brevity, I'll abbreviate.)

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood...

Innocent blood can have many definitions.  However, how can abortion not be defined as the shedding of innocent blood?

If you've been following my blog for any length of time - you know I love the Chronological Bible.  I've been using it as my devotional for 2 years now. 

Recently, the term "innocent blood" kept coming up again and again and again in my reading.  And suddenly, the state in which I live, North Carolina, the issue is BIG in the news.

"They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters..."
Psalm 107:38
 
"Moreover, Manasseh also shed so much innocent blood that he filled Jerusalem from end to end - besides the sin that he caused Judah to commit, so that they did evil in the eyes of the Lord."
2 Kings 21:16
 
There are many verses that reference God's anger because of idol worship and the shedding of innocent blood in the Old Testament.  Due to these reasons, He eventually allowed His people to be carried into captivity by another nation. 

Captivity for God's people was not sudden.  It happened gradually over a period of years. (609-586 BC)

I wonder if this is the path we, the United States are on?  I wonder about China... as we are in much debt to them?  (Especially with the news this week that China is buying one of our largest pork producing business', Smithfields.)

Today, this post is for YOU - the believer, those who belong to Jesus.  I plead with you, do not be deceived by public opinion or how you feel or how you want things to be...

There is a God in heaven.  Abortion is the shedding of innocent blood.  Even though it's a political issue in our country (in fact, a sacred cow).  In actuality, it's a God issue. 

And the God of the Universe says "it's wrong."  

How do you stand on this issue?  How do you stand now that you've read these posts?

Next Posts: 
"What do I Now?"
"What do I do if I'm the one who shed the innocent blood?"

1 comment:

  1. Seems much more likely that you never really had an opinion on the issue and when you actually thought about it you picked a side based on your belief.

    ReplyDelete