Monday, May 2, 2011

What in the World is Going On?


  • The devastating earthquake that struck Haiti 16 months ago-

  • The unprecedented blizzards this past winter in the Midwest and northeast-

  • The tsunami that brought utter destruction to parts of Japan - wiping out total towns and villages-

  • The tornadoes a few weeks ago that hit the southeast and parts of my state - leaving 24 killed in North Carolina alone-

  • The utterly devastating tornadoes of last week - that came right on the heels of 2 others in the past few weeks that has hit the southeast once again.

  • The economy of not only the United States, but much of the world that is teetering closer to depression - rather than recovery...

  • The unrest in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and the rest of the Middle East.

  • Not to mention the tsunami of 2004 and Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

What in the world is going on? Do you think the end of the world is near? Are we close to Armageddon? Are we on the brink of collapse?


I have no idea and I'm not even going there. But this I know for certain. Anytime we see disaster after disaster - instead of looking to a political figure or an organization to come to the rescue (and yes, I know that many need practical help and I praise Jesus for the groups that are in the 'war zone' offering life's essentials); instead of even looking at a religion - let this be a wake up call for us to look to God.



What do I mean by look to God?


First of all, are you right with God? That needs to be your first question. And if not - get right with God today. Confess that you are a sinner in need of a Savior (not a religion; not a program at church; not even service in the church). Invite God's Son, Jesus, the One who is THE ONLY WAY to the Father to come into your life. (See John 14:6)



Secondly, know Him outside of the church. The Bible says in Deuteronomy 32:46-47, these are not just idle words for you [the Bible], they are your life.



  • Begin reading the Bible each day;

  • find some godly friends that can help encourage you to live out biblical principles in your everyday life.

On this blog - I try to point you to the relevancy of the Bible in our everyday life. I also try to illustrate ways of making the Bible part of your everyday life. (See the post on my desire for breast implants; the posts on marriage...) This is rubber meeting the road - everyday life - living out biblical principles.



Watching the news breaks my heart. I feel totally inadequate to help these people. I honestly am n0t even sure how to pray for them. "Help them Jesus," is all I can seem to muster. However, as I've asked the Lord to show me how to pray, I keep hearing the theme - people getting right with God. "So Lord, not only help them, but point them to You; draw them to Yourself through this disaster. Allow them to look upward not outward.


What about you? Are you right with God? If you are right with Him, is the Bible your life? Or is it another book adorning the coffee table?


Do people know you are a believer in Christ or are you a closet Christian - hiding your light under a bushel for fear of what others might say if you publicly gave allegiance to Jesus?


These are strange times we are living in. People need the Hope (Jesus) found inside of you and me.

1 comment:

  1. I thank you for pointing me to Christ. I tend to think too often many of us look to friends, churches, blogs, etc. for the answers and never seek the true source of TRUTH which is the Lord and the precious word He gives us. I thank Him daily for your ministry and the way He used it to reach out to me and I know He does speak to you and hears your prayers... Keep praying sweetie and keep going. May God reward you for you willingness to continue to shine His light through the darkness and continue to show others, like myself, their need for Him.

    ReplyDelete