Monday, December 13, 2010

He Speaks to Me...

Christmas Tip #6:
Wish people, vendors, and stangers "Merry Christmas!," not "Happy Holidays!"


Today's subject is mind-blowing. It's profound! Yet we'll see that the God of Universe - the same God that spoke all things into existence - Who named the stars, Who spoke to Mary, speaks to us too! God speaks to the simple - to the common people - not just to the Billy Grahams, and Beth Moore's, and to the preachers of the world. He speaks to you and to me! As we look at Mary's story - this is the aspect we'll study.

Luke 1:26-27
"In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph... The virgin's name was Mary."

Do you realize that Christianity is the ONLY religion where God comes to man? All other religions are man's attempt to get to God (they may use other names). But God, in His amazing love - came to us even though we are all morally evil, dead in sin and deserving of His wrath. The Bible says that all of our good deeds in His sight are like "filthy rags" (Isa. 64:6). Yet there is hope! Scripture says that when we believe in our hearts and receive Jesus as Savior, we become children of God! (John 1:12) Could He have made it any more simple? This is what we are celebrating this month - God coming to us! [Do you know if you are a child of God? If you want to be sure - will you contact me? I'd love to hear from you.]

God sent Gabriel to deliver His message to Mary, a very common, ordinary, teenage girl from a backward town named Nazareth. (Don't you love this?!) I don't know about you, but I'm as common as they come - very ordinary. I'll NEVER forget the first time God spoke to me. (Now keep in mind, I had been a Christian for a long time - a regular church goer - even had an established quiet time, yet God was not REAL to me. He was the building I went to for church and Bible study.)

The day I connected the dots, the day that I heard His glorious voice speaking into the recesses of my heart, was not a happy day for me. I was at home in tears and devestated after having learned that I had miscarried our first child. Looking for solice, I reached for my devotion book. The Scripture reference for that day - Philippians 4:5-7:
"The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
The God of the Universe, the same one that spoke to Mary, was speaking to me and comforting me in the most wounded area of my life. Peace washed over me and my tears quickly dried up. He wants to do the same for you. The Bible says to pour out your hearts to Him because He is your Refuge (Psalm 62:8). Do you know what a refuge is? A refuge is a safe place, a place that offers protection. He is your safe place; you can trust Him; He will be your protector. Therefore:
  • Block out some time with Him in your day and read your Bible or devotion book.
  • Tell Him your issues
  • Share with Him your scars and your wounds.
  • Read expectantly - You will find Him if you are truly looking for Him.
Be blessed dear sister,

No comments:

Post a Comment