Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spiritual Leadership - Who's in Charge?

 


Looking for a fun summer activity?

Join other women who have purchased the "Marriage Bundle" from our luncheons and are gathering in homes and churches to listen, to take notes, and to discuss! 

5 weeks/5 lessons
No homework - except application of what's learned!
Make it fun!  Have everyone bring a dessert or appetizer to share!



Today is a continuation from a "glimpse" inside our May luncheon, "Ask the Experts." 

Question #2:  Currently, I'm the spiritual leader of our home.  How can I make this change so that my husband becomes the leader?

Nancy:  When I first began going to Bible study, my husband did not even want to see my Bible.  He told me that he didn't mind if I did it, but to keep it away from him.  So before he came home from work each day, I'd stuff my Bible and supplies under the sofa so that he couldn't see them. 

At the same time, I began submitting to his authority in the  home and would talk about how great he was in front of the children.  ( So that he could hear.)  When my children would ask me a question, I would often refer them to their father - so that everyone in the home knew that we all submitted to dad.

I also promoted him in my heart to be the spiritual leader of the home.  I also allowed him to choose the church we attended.

Gwen:  I prayed for 17 years.  I stopped nagging.  When God began growing Jeff, he grew up fast!  Yet I raised our 4 sons as God commanded.

Autumn:  PRAYER!  If your husband is a believer, then you are both growing at different rates.  It is God's desire more than yours that your husband become the spiritual leader of your home.  So pray and do not give up.

Question #3:  It's my desire that my husband and I pray together - that we would be on the same page and do something big for God together - how?

Autumn:  You are doing the big thing!  If you are praying for your husband and serving your family wholeheartedly - this is the big thing.  You're staying together - you're not quitting.  Be encouraged.  God is at work! 

Nancy:  Why would God grow our ministries when we have not even gotten the first one right?  Your first ministry is to your husband - then to your children...

Question 4:  What do you do when alcohol is coming between us?  He gets angry...

Nancy:  If a woman is verbally/physically abused - she should leave and get help.

Autumn:  There's a wounded place in his heart - he most likely is turning to alcohol to mask the pain and fear.  Ask the Lord to show you how to pray and what to do.  The Holy Spirit will tell you.  You are called to be his helpmate.  So the "Helper," the Holy Spirit, will help you and give you insight. Then do it.

Gwen:  You can't reason when he's drinking - so don't try.  Tell him that you will talk with him later.  Pray for him - ask the Lord to deliver him from this bondage.  Our God is a BIG God and can do anything.

These questions only represent a few of the highlights! 

Make plans now to attend our next luncheon: 
August 10, 2012 - "The Language of Love," 
Speaker:  Suzi McDuffee

No comments:

Post a Comment