Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Burying our Head in the Sand?

Matthew 24:11

"Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

Let's quickly recap last week. The God of the Universe is not only shaking America, but He's shaking the world at large. (For details of these "shaking's" see Thursday and Friday's post.) On Friday, I shared that we have 2 choices:



  1. We can bury our head in the sand and hope that through a political leader or through economic change, our plights will get better... OR

  2. We can acknowledge the shaking going on around us - and look up to God's personal message to us individually.

I'm a typical first-born ~ a pleaser. I love sharing messages that will encourage you and that will strengthen you spiritually. Honestly, I want you to like me. I want you to look forward to reading my blog 4 times a week.


So I must confess, that the next few posts will go against my very nature. They will not be easy for the one who wants to keep her head buried in the sand to digest. They may require a change of heart or a change of behavior or change of theology on your part. (Theology? You may ask?) YES, a change of theology. I'm all about the God of the Bible - not a religion. And though I attend a denominational church, it's a Bible teaching fellowship. (I'm not against denomination - hear my heart.)



God revealed two things to my heart this morning as I shared my fear in sharing end times theology; sin; idols of the heart, etc. - all subjects He's pressing me to share.





  1. Prior to 2ND return of Jesus Christ, there will be a rise of false prophets. Matthew 24:11 says, "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people." My mind was drawn to "false prophet's" this morning. So I asked the Lord, "Who? Who are they Lord?" I began going through a litany of possibilities. Immediately I sensed a quickening in my heart. "They're in the churches. Churches you've been in; denominational churches. Open your eyes, Tara." The other message I sensed...

  2. "These messages ARE NOT for those who want to bury their head in the sand... Praying for relief through a political system or an economic system or for calmer weather patterns. These messages are for those who are truly seeking My face." (Can I confess, that as a political junkie, this feels like a slap in the face. Sorry if it hurts you too:)


This natural born pleaser has resolved to please her God rather than offend Him with messages that will "tickle your ears." But let me share a warning to those (like me) who would really like to bury her head in the sand - 2 Timothy 2:2-4



"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction.


For a time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.


Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from truth and turn aside to myths." (italics mine)


Sound doctrine of truth is that Jesus Christ is returning to earth one day. And I believe that day is sooner than later.


I'll see you tomorrow - if you can get your head out of the sand. I'm pulling mine out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment