Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rescued Again


A Note from Tara:

At KGM, we are so excited:  We just released our first E-Newsletter!!!   This has been a goal of ours for years. 

In the E-Newsletter, you will find helpful articles and tips pertaining to the 4 pillars of Knowing God Ministries:  Relationship with God; Marriage; Parenting; and Ministry.  

In May's Issue, we reveal:
  • Where ISI is?
  • Marriage Tip
  • Summer Study Discount
  • Volunteer Opportunities
  • Mother/Daughter Event
  • Fun Activities for Summer with Kids
  • Save the Date
  • Tara's Upcoming Events
  • Monthly Treasure
If you did not receive this issue, and want to begin receiving it:  Please send us your email HERE - and we'll get a copy sent to you.

Enjoy Robin's devo!



Nehemiah 9:28 NLT 

But as soon as they were at peace, your people again committed evil in your sight, 
and once more you let their enemies conquer them. 
Yet whenever your people turned and cried to you again for help, 
you listened once more from heaven. In your wonderful mercy, 
you rescued them many times!

In the last few weeks I have been feeling a little distance between myself and my Lord. Even though I was still studying the Bible and praying!  I have had a recurring incident in my life that has caused me grief and given bitterness a foothold.   In those times I tend to pray:

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
 Restore to me the joy of your salvation.
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:10-12 , NASB

A few days later The Lord led me to Nehemiah 9. . .  and while I was reading it I sensed a supernatural joy that can only come from Him!  At the beginning of Nehemiah 9 the Israelites listened to God’s word for three hours then confessed their sins for three hours! 

Then the leaders of the Levites stood and asked them to “Stand up and praise the Lord your God, for He lives from everlasting to everlasting!” 

After this the Israelites prayed, calling forth all the history of their people and how God continued to rescue them time and time again.   He is a God of 

forgiveness, 

grace and mercy, 

slow to become angry, 

and 

He's rich in unfailing love. 

  • God did not abandon them even when they created a golden calf!
  • Because of His great mercy He did not let them die in the wilderness! 
  • For forty years He sustained them! 


Oh - what JOY filled my Spirit when God reminded me of who He is!

Did you see what I prayed in Psalm 51?   Restore to me the joy of Your salvation. 

Last Wednesday He restored my joy!  My circumstances had not changed but the joy had returned!  I started thanking Him for what I HAD instead of focusing on what I WANTED.  Indeed, He rescued me because He is a God of forgiveness; grace and mercy; He's slow to become angry, and He's rich in unfailing love! 

I think I had forgotten that. . . . I didn’t think He wanted to hear my prayers again about the same incident!  

But He does!  He loves us so much that He sent His Son to bear our sins and our sorrows so we can run to Him boldly.  

The bottom line of truth:  
Jesus rescued us once through the cross 
and will continue to rescue us as we turn and cry to Him.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Robin,

    You have a deeply knowledge about God's kingdom. I really liked your post here on Tara's blog.

    ~Diana
    http://redwinemag.com

    ReplyDelete