Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thank you!

Our mascot and a friend that I have not seen in at least 5 years! So good to see Anita:)


A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who was able to come to Chick-fil-A last Thursday night!


We had a great time and a steady group through 8:00! What a blessing! I was honestly concerned no one was going to show up. I guess it's one of those throw a party things and hope someone wants to come!
Your participation and support are so appreciated. We are working on things behind the scenes that we can't wait to unveil in the coming months! Your support helps us do those things.
Many of you brought your families. I was touched to meet your husbands because I knew that Chick-fil-A might not have been their dream dinner. Yet they were such good sports. Thank them again for me.

The other cool things about the event were: 1st--I noticed old friends reconnecting either after a summer apart or perhaps after years apart. That was neat to see. 2nd--I got to meet many of you! Becca, Sandy, Stephanie, Kelly, (I know I'm missing some people - please forgive me if I am.) it was really neat to meet you guys. You introduced yourself as one of the readers. I can't tell you how much this thrills my heart! Sometimes, I feel like I pour my life into this little internet engine and I wonder if anyone is even listening. So thank you. (Sweet gift from Jesus!)

If you were not able to come, not to worry. I'm sure we'll do it again. Thank you for your kind notes.

The Raffle!

We also had a raffle. Thank you to everyone who participated! The winners of the raffle are:

Starbucks Gift Card: Sandy Barnes

Starbucks Gift Card: Holly Ingram

Starbucks Gift Card: Sandie Rogers

Redesigned Bible Study, Intimacy with God: Ellen Stevens

The New Prayer Journal: Joy Wall

A YEAR of FREE Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwiches: Ellen Stevens


Below are few pictures from the evening. I wish there could have been more snapshots, but when my husband took our children home, I lost my photographer, my son, Will!


Teenagers came! Loved meeting them. This is Eric (in the back), Ryan and Rachel.

This is Caroline sipping a yummy peach milkshake with my mother across the table.

This is a friend, Laura, and her son.

Everyone in line was with us!

In the background, in the yellow shirt, you can see Hannah. Hannah has been God's gift to me this summer. She just graduated from Liberty University in May with a Masters in English. She's been my intern this summer. One of the many things she does is edit my blogs.
Pray she gets a job that allows her to stay with us. God willing, you'll be seeing more of her!

Me, with Maggie (behind me), Carol, and Melody. Maggie and Melody are on both my team and my board of directors.

This is Dina. She's on my team and is my accountant. She has 4 children and home schools. She has an amazing heart for Jesus and for women. I'm incredibly blessed to have her on my team. (Every woman on my team is a blessing.)

These are 2 of Dina's girls with me. They had a blast running around in the cow outfit!

Thank you again for not only coming, but bringing your families too! It was a blessing to connect in person!


Love,

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see you had a great turnout and everything went well. I had been praying for you. I wish I lived closer where I could've attended. I am excited to see what all you ministry has in store. You and your team are doing the Lord's work in the lives of so many and I am grateful to be one of them. May the Lord bless each of you for your obedience and faithfulness to His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete