Monday, July 25, 2011

Flying Far, Far Away!

Psalm 55:6

"Oh, how I wish I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest! I would fly far away to the quiet of the wilderness."

I am leaving today to go to the quiet of the wilderness!

I'm not boarding an airplane, but am climbing into my car and driving far, far away to the mountains of West Virginia. My mother-in-law, my children, and I are headed to a state park called Pipe Stem. My husband and father-in-law come Wednesday. It'll probably be the closest I'll ever come to camping.

We are staying in cabins in the woods. Lots of hiking, biking, swimming, and horseback riding. I expect to see lots of wildlife. This is totally out of my element. I'm a beach girl, but I am really excited about the change of pace. (By the way, these are air-conditioned cabins!) But the daytime highs are only in the 80's! Loving that!

I hope you guys have a great week. I'll miss talking to you. See you next week :)

Love,

1 comment:

  1. Say hi to all my cousins while you're in WV and wave at Concord University, my alma mater, as you pass by. :-) Pipestem is actually where my husband and I honeymooned 27 1/2 years ago....in January! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete