Friday, April 15, 2011

My Desire for Breast Implants

Job 33:14

"For God does speak - now one way, now another..."
Can't believe that I'm going to share this. But in an attempt to illustrate how personal God is - I'll do it...


After giving birth to my second child, I all of a sudden had something that I have never had: Breasts! They were amazing! Finally, after all these years, God not only gave me a beautiful daughter, but He gave me breasts!!! But then months later, they began to disappear as suddenly as they appeared. I was determined not to allow this to happen.


You see, all the way back in the sixth grade, when girls were starting to develop - I never did. I'd stuff my bra in order to fit in with my friends. The older we grew - the more developed my friends would become. Me? Let's just say I developed at a MUCH slower rate.


So the opportunity to finally have some - and then have to lose them - was NOT an option. I figured God had "allowed" breast implants to be invented for poor souls like me. So I concocted a plan: as soon as Caroline was able to climb into her car seat by herself - I would get breast implants. I even researched how long the recovery period would be; how much it would cost; what my limitations would be. I was determined. I was even warning my mother and mother-in-law to get prepared. They would roll their eyes or try to talk me out of it. But there was no talking me out of it - this was a done deal.



But, one afternoon after putting my children down for simultaneous naps, I was reading my Bible. My reading that day was out of 1 Corinthians 6.

I have never heard the audible voice of God, but what I read might as well have been His audible voice. It was spoken so loud and so clear that there was no denying that this was God. And He was speaking about His views for me and breast implants.



"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

(1 Cor. 6:19-20; italics mine)

"You are not your own - you were bought at a price..." Those words rang in my ear. They stung. Needless to say, it was not what I wanted to hear.


Now please know - that this Word was for me. If you have chosen the path of breast implants, this is not to condemn you. What you do is between you and God. I had no idea that God would one day call me to a speaking and writing ministry. I figure He must want me to represent flat chested women every where! (I don't know!) But one thing was certain - God was interested (and still is) in the details and the desires of my heart. He's interested in yours as well.


The only reason why I'm sharing this is to illustrate how personal our God is. He will speak to you about the desires of your heart. He'll plant hopes and dreams in your heart. He'll give you promises concerning His perfect will for you - But you MUST:
1. Know Him personally.

2. Believe that He will speak to you - expect to hear His voice.

3. Make sure you are not cherishing sin in your heart. And you MUST

4. Make sure you are spending time each day with Him. And then

5. Do what He tells you to do. Do not disobey. You'll risk cherishing sin in your heart!


If you still have questions about hearing the voice of God, will you contact me or leave a comment? I want to help you grow in this area.



Have a great weekend!



Next Week: Preparing our Hearts for Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I thank you once again for being so open and sharing with us the truth and your testimony. I know it must be hard to be so transparent and share something so personal, but I really do appreciate it. I have LOVED these last few posts on hearing from God and I received my Bible Study today so I can't wait to start.

    Again, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete