Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter Sunday

I feel like I just dropped you off 2 days ago. And as I study this morning, there's so much - I don't even know where to begin... But one thing I do know, the Bible is relevant. And the events that happened surrounding Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection are relevant to us in the 21st century.




As you read this, it'll be Easter Sunday. I'd rather you give you a blog/devotion today continuing the death of Jesus - but today - I think it's important to focus on the empty grave. Thank you God the empty grave!!! Where would we be without the empty grave?!!




So just as Christmas is important - so is Easter! Easter deserves more than a week of attention. The relevancy in our generation is not worth glossing over. We'll continue next week with the relevancy of:




  • The 3 hours of darkness on the Cross. It was from 12pm-3pm. Supernatural, utter darkness occurred during the middle of the day. How does that relate to us today and why is it important?




  • The earthquake that followed; the "curtain" in the temple being torn into. What is this all about? Why is it important to us today?



  • The significance of who buried Jesus.



  • Resurrection Sunday came! And how this can be such an encouragement to us in times of hardship.


So join me next week, as we go back to the foundations of what we believe as Christians and why we believe them. These are lessons that deserve more than a 'drive-by'.





Thank you for your notes of encouragement last week - especially on Friday. Many days it was so hard to post due to meetings, interruptions, emergencies, and just life. Your notes have spurred me to keep keeping on. Angie's comment on Friday is priceless. She hungered for more than "the sanitized version of the crucifixion," that we often get. I hope you feel the same way. It's a privilege to serve you. I'm praying for you. See you next week.





Happy Easter!



Love,









No comments:

Post a Comment