Monday, October 27, 2014

Praying for Your Children (by Guest Blogger Rey Cooke)

Today's Guest Author:  Rey Cooke


Making a Difference:  Praying for your Children
I forgot exactly when I realized that I had the power within me to guide the course of my child’s life by simply praying for them in a way that would elicit supernatural results.

God loves my children more than I do - so why wouldn’t He hear the prayers of a young mother pouring out her heart to Him to save her children and bring blessings on her family?  Learning how to communicate with God has become a life long skill that I’m not sure if I’ll ever master, however it has had a transforming impact on my life and the life of my children.  Personally, I think prayer is the hardest of all spiritual disciplines because it takes time and focus. 
It is:
  • convicting, 
  • refining, 
  • uplifting and 
  • downright hard work!     

After all, you are doing battle/interceding for those that you love!

Most of us know how to pray perfunctory prayers over our food and blessings over our lives, but when I learned how to pray in a way that would bring God’s power into impossible situations  - that has been mind blowing!  God is good and He wants to give us so much more than we settle for, He wants the absolute best for our family!  I think He is sitting on the edge of His chair longing to bless us, waiting for us to make a move, so He can say, “Well alright, I hear you”.


I picture God bending down his ear to me and I have His absolute attention, because I’m His child.  He knows me better than anyone and He knows what I need before I even ask Him.  I can say with 100% confidence that my Father hears and He can make a difference in any situation.

Learning how to talk to Him has been medicine for my soul. 

God is the perfect parent, why wouldn’t I seek His counsel while raising the four daughters that He’s given me?  After all, He is their parent too!  

He knows what they need better than I do!  

Think this would encourage someone else?  

FORWARD THIS POST TO HER TODAY!

About Rey Cooke:

Rey and her husband Avery were High School sweethearts, and been happily married for 36!  They have four lovely daughters and eight grandchildren.  Rey enjoys spending time with her family, taking long walks, playing at the beach, and fellowshipping with friends. However the real love of her life is Jesus, therefore she dwells deeply into the riches of His word and enjoys the abundant life!
Rey was a Breakout Session Leader for MAKING A DIFFERENCE Conference for Women and Girls 2014.

1 comment: