Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Lord will Meet You Where You Are


Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace,
that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16
As a mom of two energetic girls my quiet time often gets interrupted and it is a challenge to fit in while juggling our family's schedule. 

The first timeI learned what "quiet time" was and what my "quiet time" could look like was when the Intimacy With God Bible study (written by KGM founder, Tara Furman) came into my life.   I remember discussing "as the seasons of life change so will your quiet time."

I'm here to confirm:   
If your quiet time gets interrupted, especially if you have small children . . .it’s ok! 

But do this:  Ask the Lord to make time later to finish what you were studying for the day. 
The Lord is faithful and He knows our hearts desire.

I was heading home from a busy day with my two daughters in the car and they were arguing with each other. I told my daughters that it was time to play "the quiet game" (which usually lasts about two minutes) so that I could listen to the new praise songs I had downloaded. I was in desperate need of some resting in the Lord. I got through the first song and realized it was really quiet in my car; I glanced back and my daughters were both asleep! 



(Yes, a staged recreation - notice the absence of drool and the fact that they are doing their very best not to laugh!) 


Praise the Lord! 

As I listened to the next song the Lord was speaking to me through the words in the music and before I knew it tears were streaming down my face as the Lord reminded me that He was more than enough for me. I did not want this sweet time with the Lord to end. Then, I realized that I had hit every red light (and there were LOTS!)
Normally red lights are so frustrating, but for me each red light was the Lord smiling at me and answering my prayers. I continued to sing and praise the Lord and found so much peace in that 20 minute car ride. The Lord reminded me that He is for me, He sees me & He loves me. The Lord knew exactly what I needed and provided it:  the ability to rest in Him.

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16


Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5


Think this would encourage someone else?  

FORWARD THIS POST TO HER TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment