Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Who is Sitting at My Table? (Part 1 of 3)


And speaking of "Who is Sitting at My Table?"  --
SEE BELOW to discover that you have a VERY SPECIAL SEAT at the TABLE of the KGM Luncheons - -
the next one is Friday, October 17th! 
(Learn more following this first installment of Melody's fabulous series.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

“By wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established.” 
Proverbs 24:3


The kitchen table is an important piece of furniture in any home. 
 

 
We typically do two things at the kitchen table: we feed our appetites and we talk by communicating and exchanging ideas.  Sometimes we sit at our tables alone and sometimes there are others there with us. Our lives are influenced by what happens at our tables. 
 
 Who is sitting at your table?

I have a lot of memories that revolve around the kitchen table in my home.  This table had been in my parents’ home for about 15 years.  My parents had gotten a new table just before I got married in 1982, so they gave me the old table to take to my new home.
 
This table still is a 4 ft. round table (yes, that's it in the photo above!) that, at the time, was just right for a newly married couple.  And it had two leaves that could be added to make it large enough for family and friends.  I had memories of many gatherings around this table growing up. We ate our daily meals there, celebrated birthdays, and gathered for my favorite:  Sunday night fellowships. My parents would have other families over after church on Sunday nights for food and fellowship.  I had great plans for this table in my home to make many memories for my family.
 
As my family grew to include two daughters we ate our meals at this table every day. We ate at least one meal a day together at the family table and shared our days. We homeschooled from the table top, had family nights with games and fun, and fellowshipped with friends. 

Most importantly we talked about God at our table.   We prayed together and read God’s Word at this table.  Jesus Christ had a seat at our table. 

Then our family changed with divorce and single parenting, but you know the table remained a steadfast constant.  My daughters and I had a new frame for our family, but the table remained.

We began to make new memories around the table sharing meals and family time.  It looked different than before, but Jesus was still sitting at our table. 

Who is sitting at your table?  Just people who grab a meal and may not even sit together to eat it? Is there a computer or piles of papers that take up all the space?   Take a look at your table, and see who or what is daily sitting there with your family.  Make room for Jesus; give Him the seat of honor.
Ponder this thought and we'll return to expand upon it over the coming days. See you again, then!

 “But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
YOU are invited to HAVE A SEAT AT THE TABLE
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17th


The KGM Luncheons truly are NOT JUST LUNCH.  
The KGM team members had their own hearts nourished upon receiving a note from an attendee after the September luncheon (selections, shared below with permission; name not shared to respect privacy):  

"I just wanted to touch base and let you know how blessed I have been by the luncheons in August and September. . .walking into the luncheons has been a breath of fresh air. . ."
 "The entire team has been welcoming. . . they genuinely want to know what is going on in my life." 



"I know that if all the ladies attending feel blessed and welcomed in a way that is even a fraction of this, they leave wanting to return."


"The speakers are always relevant and convicting, but for me, the warmth and love I have felt has meant the most to me during this season of life."












"Thank you for your obedience to God as He called you to this."





BLESSED OUR SOCKS OFF!

So, the invitation is open (and people are already registering!!!) for you to attend 
the next KGM Luncheon, Friday, Oct. 17th.

CLICK HERE for details and to REGISTER!

Come - take your seat at the table with us!


MacGregor Downs Country Club
430 St. Andrews Lane Cary, NC

PROGRAM SCHEDULE

Doors Open: 11:00am

General Session:  11:30am – 1:00

Optional Workshops:  1:15 – 2:00pm




No comments:

Post a Comment