Monday, November 3, 2014

Sweet Surcee's from the Creator to YOU


Isaiah 40:31
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."


A few weeks ago, I had the awesome opportunity to speak at Camp Willow Run for their annual Mother/Daughter Conference!


There were over 200 in attendance!  Girls ages 13-20 and their mothers were challenged to "Make a Difference - by BEING Different!"  To not conform to the patterns of this world, but to be ever transformed by the renewing of their minds by being in God's Word DAILY!


Many of these girls made first time commitments to Jesus in salvation!  
Many, MANY made re-commitments in their walk with the Lord!
Woohoo!!!  It was awesome!  Beyond awesome!!!

I LOVE these venues.  Truly, it's an amazing God given opportunity  to impact two generations.  I thank God that He even allows me to participate in His work.  

If you were at CWR - I'm still praying for you and thinking of you!   I pray you're being that LONE NUT in your corner of the world.
CWR is one of my biggest fall highlights!  
(By the way, we've started making Cookie Mush on a regular basis at my house!!!)



Within 2 hours of getting home that Sunday - I showered, unpacked and repacked; got in the car and headed east for 41/2 hours to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.   

Many times I felt like Donkey in the movie Shrek, asking my husband, "Are we there yet?"
"No!" was always the answer!  It seemed like we would never get there.  But we finally did!

My Dad and Mom are the BOMB!  Each year, they take mine and my sister's family to the beach. This year we went to Corolla.  

We had such a wonderful time together.  


Sitting on the beach with my sister (blankets and all!) is always a high light.


My kids got cousin time - 


and fishing time off the dock at the backside of the house.

The day after arriving, I was exhausted.  When this happens, I know what I need to do... 
So I totally checked out... Spent the afternoon ALONE with my Bible on the beach.  

It was HERE that I was refreshed and renewed.   As I sat and stared at the vast ocean that God created and controls, I pondered the greatness of God and what His Word says about His greatness.  

Following this time, throughout the week,  He seemed to send sweet surcee's - reminding me of His greatness in His creation.  

(surcee = something  out of the ordinary and extra special)





As I sat on the beach that day, I was reminded of the boundary He set up for all seas... 
"You set a firm boundary for the seas..."  Psalm 104:9
"'This far and no farther will you come.  Here your proud waves must stop,' says the Lord."  Job 38:11



I never get to see picturesque sunsets like this.

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God.  The skies display His craftsmanship.  
Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known.  

Psalm 19:1-2


They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  
Yet their message has gone throughout the earth and their words to all the world.



The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end."  
Psalm 19:3-4, 6


One night after dinner, when the kids wanted to go chase crabs on the beach - God had a show waiting for us -  A full moon reflecting off the water.  (Picture's can't even do the moment justice!)  It too was breathtaking.

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of Your fingers - the moon and the stars You have set in place - what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?"
Psalm 8:3-4

But He does!  He sent Jesus so we could KNOW this awesome Creator and be right with Him...
Are you right with Him?  Do you KNOW you're right Him?  Click HERE if you have any question whatsoever.


The house we stayed faced west.  So instead of watching the sunrise, I got to watch the moon set at sunrise...  
"Have you ever commanded the morning to appear and caused the dawn to rise ...?"  Job 38;12

Isn't each new day - a day that we can live and breathe a gift from God???



We got a rare sighting of the wild horses that roam the Outer Banks!   

"You make springs pour water...  They provide water for all the animals and the wild donkeys quench their thirst."  Psalm 104:10, 11


This is not an online stock picture - This dolphin was swimming behind the boat my husband was fishing on!  He sent a text saying, "Look at what's swimming behind our boat!"  

'O Lord, what a variety of things you have made...  The earth is full of your creatures.  Here is the ocean, vast and wide, teeming with life of every kind, both large and small."
Psalm 104:24,25


One of the biggest  surcee's of all -was getting to see a Bald Eagle.
On two mornings, I happened to look up and see a Bald Eagle soaring over me!  
I NEVER get to see Bald Eagles.  Because of how they are often referenced in the Bible, they have such a special place in my heart.  So this was a huge treat!

This sweet surcee served as a fresh reminder of  a Scripture that  I see often on a wall in my home.  
I hope it encourages YOU afresh as well -
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

God knew I needed refreshing and renewing, because when I came home, we hosted one of the largest luncheons we've had to date

And a writing deadline waiting for an upcoming Christmas Devotional/Journal being released NEXT WEEK!

May you too be encouraged by the many ways God speaks personally to you... His sweet, sweet surcee's just for you as you ponder His creation in your corner of the world:)





1 comment: