Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Free Ticket to Luncheon and Beyond the Veil - Ellen Stevens




Free Ticket!
A very generous gal contacted the ministry and told us she could not come to the luncheon despite purchasing a ticket.  We offered to refund her money.  But she wants to donate it!

If you or someone you know NEEDS ENCOURAGEMENT and can attend on Friday - be the first to contact Melody at melody@knowinggodministries.net !!!




For the Lord your God is living among you.
    He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
    With his love, he will calm all your fears.
    He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
      Zephaniah 3:17
In the summer of 1989, I was planning my wedding. Browsing through many collections of bridal gowns and trying on multiple styles, I selected a lovely traditional dress glistening with stunning bead work, luxurious fabric with elegant lace and train. All at the right price! As any upcoming bride to be I desired to look my best for this very important day in my life.

Next, I worked to find a veil, and purchased a chapel length veil: it was 90 inches long and draped on the floor.

Most southern brides in the eighties had their portraits made in their beautiful gowns and I of course wanted to do the same. On a humid, hot August day my roommate came to help me assemble my dress and veil and keep me organized! My photographer, gifted in the skill of helping brides to pose took multiple shots —all elegant and classy.

When my pictures arrived, only one sitting portrait showed me at my personal best; all the rest seemed “disconnected” somehow. I was distressed!  Beautiful dress, lovely veil . . . Why only ONE photo which looked beautiful?!

It was then I realized an important issue:  the veil and the dress, while each beautiful, were not complementary to each other.  God got my attention:  I had failed to pray for HIS assembling of the entire ensemble and had done things piece-meal.   (I am a slow learner…didn’t even THINK about the veil and dress matching!)

Paralyzed in my heart, sad and feeling as if I had failed miserably with one of the most important assignments in life—I called my fiancee and asked for his counsel. He could tell I was FROZEN in disappointment.  “What am I going to do?" I cried.  "It looks like a big mess!”  Wisely he said, “Well, if Jesus can rent the veil in the temple for you to have full access to Himself, he can surely help you find a new veil!

Stunned at his response, I simply said, “But the veil is non-returnable!”

Jesus assures us that God provides for the birds, then asks, “Are you much more valuable than they?”  Matthew 6:26

So, two weeks before the wedding I drove home to Mt. Airy, NC, and found a cute bridal shop. Entering in, I prayed afresh, “Lord, I need the perfect wedding veil. Forgive me for not coming to you first and asking you for your help. I thought this was too small a thing to bother you with… but you are teaching me eternal truths—you care about the details of my life."

I walked over to the displayed veils—Blusher veils, elbow length, finger tip, and chapel length styles. One especially caught my eye twinkling in the daylight.  Inwardly I knew that He was guiding my steps.

I boldly asked the shop owner if she might exchange my purchased veil with the sparkling finger tip veil.  They were the exact same price. 
She said yes! 
Joy filled my heart. We made the exchange and I brought home a veil that fully complimented my dress.
October 7th, Bob and I have been married 25 years.  My heavenly Father perfectly engineered my veil crisis to teach me something I did not know I had:  

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up His Spirit. And behold the veil of the temple was torn in two form top to bottom, and the earth shook; and the rocks were split…Matthew 27:51. 

The veil separating the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple was torn. Our Father opened the new and living way, giving us access to His moment by moment supply of grace and mercy.


“Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh
                                                                             Hebrews 10:19-20

God removed my sin barrier thru Jesus . . . opening up an intimate relationship with the LORD and learning to partner with him in everyday decision making. 

He is trustworthy, faithful, merciful, and gracious to call me His friend, His bride, His beloved, His chosen one . . . nothing can separate me from His immeasurable love.





No comments:

Post a Comment