Monday, September 8, 2014

GNO - Girl's Night Out!

Psalm 145:4
"Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts; let them proclaim your power."


Following the Charlotte, NC, 1 Girl Nation Event I was apart of in May,  3 moms - who meet to pray for their Mom's in Touch school group decided they wanted host something similar in the Raleigh Area!



Introducing the concept of GNO - Girls Night Out, a Mother/Daughter Event!



Out of fervent prayer (for 100 people, I might add) and a willingness to heed the small voice of God they sensed they were hearing in their hearts:
100 Mother/Daughters arrived Sunday evening, August 24th at Hope Community, Morrisville Campus -  prepared for fun and a heart willing to pass their faith to the next generation!






As a result, 13 received Christ as Savior (2 of which were Mom's!)!!! 

In addition, Mom and Daughter learned 
  • the practicalities of how to start a quiet time with Jesus.  
  • They learned how to take to Jesus all the silly to serious things that happen to us in life.
  • They learned the value of how to choose and identify good friends... and maybe not-so-good friends.




A gal who had attended a Middle School event I had previously done earlier in the week came again to this event.  Her mother shared how she immediately went home and put together her own quiet time space!!!

So I asked her if she would share with the group what her quiet time space looks like and what she does in her time with God.



This brave little girl gave testimony of starting a quiet time and looking forward to coming to her "special place."    It was so precious!!!  It was all I could do to hold back the tears of joy.  THIS is the NEXT GENERATION GETTING IT!

Learning how to walk with God is the most important habit we can teach our children.  (Please know as I mom, I STILL struggle with this issue with my own kids.  But I'm not quitting or giving up.)  Nor should you!

Because of the excitement, the fun and most importantly the fruit that God is bringing from these girls' events - Knowing God Ministries will be launching our own GNO Event Pack.   We are going to make hosting a GNO event in YOUR corner of the world super easy!   So stay tuned!



Side Note:

In the meantime, my family moved Labor Day weekend.  We still live in the same city - actually only a few miles from our last house.  (My husband and I both decided we ARE getting older.  We've been exhausted!)

But the funny thing is - I had the awesome opportunity to speak at a ladies event this past Saturday. The subject matter:  Overwhelmed; 3 Habits to NOT be Continually Overwhelmed!

Between the GNO event 2 weeks ago, a move, home schooling, solidifying the Fall schedule with topics/speakers for our Luncheon and Saturday's event in Fayetteville -  I've been teetering on being overwhelmed!!!

Apart from my time with Jesus and His grounding Presence - I would be completely and totally overwhelmed.  But I'm not.  

How do people do life without time with Jesus each day - especially in crazy seasons?

What a difference time with HIM makes - even when life is nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment