Thursday, January 30, 2014

What To Do with This Pile of Dust? (by Guest: Fuller Harvey)



Early Bird Ends Friday  
Click HERE to learn more and register -
February 28-March 1, 2014
Conference includes:  
                   3 keynote sessions; 3 Fabulous meals
                   Worship by Ryan Wingo
                   Practical breakout sessions for women and girls



Breakout Session Leader for MAKING A DIFFERENCE Conference for Women and Girls,
February 28-March 1  (details below)

“He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.” 
Ps. 103: 14 (English Standard Version)
Dust.
It’s everywhere.  
Across my black bookshelves, my piano bench, my bedside table  . . . Ugh.
It seems so useless, so death-like (go figure:  science tells us indoor dust primarily IS dead skin cells).

Besides a witness to my housekeeping priorities (keeping it real!), 
a pile of dust could just as easily characterize the remains of my life. 

As my bio states:  I am twice divorced. The divorces affected two husbands, five combined children (two with spouses), six parents, a combined ten siblings (all ten with spouses), and over twenty five nieces and nephews (add some spouses).   The collateral damage was nuclear and resulted in a wasteland of pain and broken relationships. Of those 50-plus lives which used to be entwined intimately with mine, over the past three years I have been able to have conversations with only eleven.*

Truly.  Nuclear wasteland.




Before going further, let me state:  this post is NOT about divorce.
I share the above only to state clearly that I am a woman who has found herself standing in a wasteland of dust and destruction.  I am neither proud of, nor promoting of, divorce. 

This post IS about what we do when our life plans lie in ruins, in a pile of dust. 

I don’t believe I’m alone in this.  Do you, too, gaze around at what remains of your life and question:  ”How did I get here?”

Perhaps the devastation in your life was caused by a different nuclear “bomb”:
  • ·      life-changing illness;
  • ·      death of a loved one;
  • ·      financial chaos/bankruptcy;
  • ·      rejection by parents;
  • ·      rejection by children;
  • ·      “downsizing”/“outsourcing” at work;
  • ·      violence committed against you;
  • ·      life choices you’ve regretted;
  • ·      addictive behaviors;
  • ·      and any other personal “ground zero” nuclear blast.


I’m here to stand beside you, hugging you in hope . . . for what I have learned is this: 
  Our God is in the business of making LIFE from dust! 

It’s the job skill He’s been practicing since the very beginning of time
Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.” 
Genesis 2:7 (English Standard Version)

If He did it before, HE CAN DO IT AGAIN!

Breathe in that truth, as if breathing in God’s very own breath . . . then allow Him to breathe out His life through the dust of your life.  (For more encouragement, see Isaiah 58:4-12.)

Below, you’ll find a link to the song “Beautiful Things” by a group called Grungor, from YouTube ™.

This song kick-started my own private musings on "dust."  Then, I received an email from my sister-in-law, Amy, in which she quoted this exact song and concluded:  “It truly is a perfect song for your life right now!” 

That confirmed it:  I was to speak out this truth and claim this song as my own.  
Maybe it’s yours, too.  

As the process of turning dust into LIFE unfolds, may every particle of dust in your house remind you:  You are living testimony to what God can do with a pile of dust.

 “Beautiful Things” by Gungor:   CLICK HERE TO LISTEN 

NOTE:  You will be leaving the KGM blog and KGM neither endorses nor is responsible for any content viewed, including advertisements which may have been linked to the above song. It will open in a separate box, which you can simply close when the song finishes.  That said, have fun and enjoy the music! 


*[NOTE:  When this post was originally written a few months ago, the number "eleven" was SEVEN.  God is on the move in my life, doing exactly what this post proclaims:  breathing life 
where there was death.  I pray you will praise God with me and - further - grasp that faith for yourself.  
Please leave a comment asking for prayer, and my prayers will join with yours for God 
to create life from your own pile of dust.]  

Think this would encourage someone else?  

FORWARD THIS POST TO HER TODAY!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fuller will be leading a break out session entitled "Lies the Divorced Believe (And the Biblical Truth that SETS THEM FREE!)" at MAKING A DIFFERENCE In my Corner of the World Conference.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Fuller! I loved it and I identify well with what you wrote, even though I have never been married. Yup..."never been married and longing for a husband" could be a bullet point as well. The pain of what never was. That's what I am writing about these days and where I am trusting life to spring forth out of desert...

    ReplyDelete