Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"That Couple"

OK, let's pick back up where we were before. I must confess, this subject is so incredibly uncomfortable for me to write about. However, it's everywhere in our culture. It's paramount in our marriages. And sticking with the with theme of my ministry, "helping women to hear and see Jesus in their everyday lives," I can't think of a subject where we may need Him more than this one. Not to mention, based upon your feedback - I think I've hit a nerve.



1 Corinthians 7:5
"Do not deprive each other... so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

Is your husband often irritable? Do you find him to be uncooperative? Do you often find him emotionally detached?

Perhaps you reason it away to him being distracted over his work...
Perhaps you just reason it away to him being a jerk! (And he may be being a jerk!)

But may I suggest that his difficult behavior or uncooperative spirit may be connected to his sexual need. You are right, perhaps it may be his work, but what's the underlying root of the issue? I'm willing to go out on a limb here, but once that need is met with regular consistency- you may rediscover the man you originally fell in love with.

Have you ever been around "that couple" who is smitten over each other - even after years of marriage? Have you ever sat in jealousy over how attentive that friend's husband was to her needs?

I don't think this kind of marriage just happens. Needs on BOTH sides are being met.

I've been "that woman" who sat in jealousy over the attentiveness of a friend's husband. However, the other night, at a friend's party, I was sitting at a table with 2 other women chatting away. Out of the blue my sweet man came over to see "if there was anything I needed?" He also gently asked if he could get anything for me. The look of amazement on the other women's faces was striking. I was kinda surprised too! Without sounding too proud or haughty, I quietly told him "no thank you."

But I must admit, it sure was good to be "that couple" for once!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So very true, I need to read this everyday.

    ReplyDelete