Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Trusting in His Word


So then, don't be afraid I will provide for you and your children.
Genesis 50:21

The last day of preschool this year was a bittersweet day. 

As I walked the halls of the sweet church preschool my two young children attend, I was brought to tears numerous times as I gave out thank you hugs and gifts to the wonderful women who have been so kind, nurturing and devoted to my children. 

I found myself thinking back on the first day of school and how my little man clung and cried as I turned him over to his new, large and scary class.  THIS DAY, he walked right in without even turning.




And my precious girl!   (I tear up as I write.)  She is fiercely independent yet VERY self-conscious at the same time.  We had a difficult start to this school year.  She was going through something her four year old self just didn't know how to express. I do not mislead you when I admit there were multiple mornings we both ended in tears trying to get out the door.  Oh, dear!  

I cried to the Lord over and over.  "Help Lord! I'm at a loss as what to do with her.  Please Lord, please help her!"
And smack in the middle of this school-centered angst, we had to decide on a kindergarten for this coming year!  It was all so much for us.  So many choices.  

My husband and I turned to God.  
We prayed over where she needed to be:  where she would be nurtured and taught in ways she needed to be taught.

Through much prayer and guidance in the Word, the Lord showed us where she should be for Kindergarten.  For example, the Lord used Philippians 2:3-4:

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit . . . not looking to your own interests
but each of you to the interests of the others.

We wanted to choose a school that the Lord led us to. . .
- not the school that our friends were sending their kids to . . .
- or the school that the county told us was the "best."
And then He gave us Faith that He would be clear in letting us know where to send her by leading us to 1 Peter 5:7:
 Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  

We prayed over these (and others) and through our prayers, the Lord spoke while touring a school telling me this was where she should be and to trust Him for provision.  He then reiterated that same day by a situation that happened with my daughter, that that school was where she should be.
As we obeyed, and trusted His leading through the process, a peace came over our household.  My daughter began to calm in her anxieties, and  - THROUGH THE GRACE OF GOD, I know she is ready: ready to move to a bigger school with a full day.  
And, I am, too.
Most importantly, I know God's protection and provision will be with her. 
For I feel Him with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment