Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Boot Camp Day 22 - Prayer: A Do Nothing Activity?

1 Timothy 4:8
"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things..."
(italics mine)

The last 2 sessions of boot camp were HARD.   Often, I'd find myself looking at the clock praying for 9:00 to quickly come!

As physically difficult as those sessions were, they gave me a sense of accomplishment.  I distinctly recall leaving the last session thinking, "If I can do that, I can do anything!"  I was ready to take on the world!

Girlfriend, PRAYER leaves me with the same feeling.  Many days, I feel lethargic and lazy.  Yet I come out of prayer energized; faith filled; and courageous.
  • Prayer is how I overcame my fear 3 years ago about blogging and courageously, "let my light shine before men so they could praise my Father in Heaven."  (Matthew 5:16)

  • Prayer is where I heard the call to publish my homemade prayer journal in 2006 and out of the earnings plant a vineyard (Proverbs 31:16) that would one day be called Knowing God Ministries.

  • Prayer is where I heard the call to compile all the Lord Himself had taught me about a meaningful quiet time and format it into a Bible study.  It would be called, Intimacy with God.  Initially, feeling very inadequate, the Lord simply encouraged me to bring Him my inadequate 5 loaves and 2 fish, trusting Him to feed the mulitudes with it.  He does to this day.

  • Prayer is where I heard the call to write what the Lord had been teaching me about still having purpose in life despite a VERY DARK period of time I walked through.  It would be called Created for Purpose.  It would give others hope that their life has purpose even in hopeless circumstances.

  • Prayer is where I heard the call and summoned the courage to approach the Lt. Governor of North Carolina and ask him to be our guest speaker on Friday.
Prayer often feels like a do-nothing activity.  Quite the contrary, my friend.  Prayer is powerful! 

What does your prayer time look like? Does it exist?   Do you need help?

More Next Post

No comments:

Post a Comment