Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Boot Camp Day 20 - Do you have a "HER" in your life?

1 Thessalonians 5:12
Dear sisters, honor those who are leaders in the Lord's work.  They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance.  Show them respect and wholehearted love because of their work. 

I read this passage 2 weeks ago in my quiet time.  It was a completely new thought to me.  Immediately, she came to mind.  My next thought was, "I ought to take her to lunch and thank her for her ministry into my life." 

She is older than me AND older in the Lord than I am.  She has years of experience of walking with the Lord.  She has also walked in places of leadership and great responsibility in Christian service.

This woman prays for me and KGM regularly.  She always asks specific questions about my family.  She also holds my feet to the fire by challenging me to make sure I'm hearing from God clearly.  She offers advice that's always based upon God's Word. 

When I leave her presence, my faith is increased.  My view of God is bigger because her view of God is BIG.  She helps me to see Him in a fresh new way.  Because of my fellowship with her, my prayer time seems to take a deeper dimension.  I love Him more, because I've been with her.

Let's not just offer thanks for the people and things that make our lives easy or successful, but lets also think of people who make spiritual contributions to our life.
  • What or who makes you know God better?
  • What or who makes you more useful in God's service?
Girlfriend, we need people like this in our life. 

If you do not have a her in your life:
  1. PRAY FOR ONE NOW.
  2. When God shows you who she is - connect with her.  Do not procrastinate.
  3. Do not fear rejection.  If she is truly a Jesus girl, she will not say no to you.
Challenge for those who do have a her :
  1. Take the time to thank her over the next week. (You may even want to forward them this post or verse to her.)
  2. Communicate your gratitude to this person and to the Lord.
  3. Ask the Lord how you could honor her. 



Friday, December 13th
11:30am - 1:30pm

We have 30 seats left until the venue is full.
Don't procrastinate - register now if you plan to come.
Register



NC Lieutenant Governor
Dan Forest
 


No comments:

Post a Comment