Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Boot Camp Day 18 - Overwhelmed with Gratitude

James 1:16-17
Don't be deceived, my dear brothers.  Every good and perfect gift is from above...

I hope you've started your Thanksgiving lists of:
  • Everyday blessings
  • 2013 Blessings
I must admit, as I make my lists, my heart is so overwhelmed with gratitude that I can hardly contain myself.  My eyes are being opened afresh to God's activity in the mundane of everyday and it's SO encouraging. 

I'm seeing:
  • God's hand and resolution in situations that plagued me earlier in the year -
  • The doors of opportunity He's opened since January -
  • Quiet, everyday blessings that I intend on bringing up at dinner to remind my children and husband of God's activity that will encourage them.
  • People who have poured into my life.  (This is a NEW List!  More on this tomorrow.)

  • All I can do is fall on my face and say, "Thank you, Jesus.  Look at all You've done."  I name the items on my list - one by one.  I must warn you, tears will fall at the realization you have nothing apart from His goodness in your life.

    This is a busy week for many of you - especially if you're hosting or cooking or entertaining.  But I beg you dear sister, don't miss the blessing of this exercise.  You'll be robing yourself of great encouragement and hope for 2014.  If you can't do this today - MAKE TIME later in the week. 

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment