Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Boot Camp Day 15 - Are YOU the Hold Up of your own Break-Through?

Psalm 32:8,9
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go... 
Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by the bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

As shared last week, I am a reformed "selective listener."   

My selective listening ended in 2006 when I desperately needed a break-through in my painful and overwhelming circumstances.   I kept asking the Lord for guidance, however only 1 word kept coming to mind during my quiet time. 

The word was “Apologize.”
For 11 years, I had been like a 2 year old -  hands over her ears, refusing to listen, because 11 years prior, I had gossiped about a high school classmate to a mutual acquaintance who turned around and shared my slanderous words with that classmate.  Within days of the conversation, I received a call from my former classmate.  (Talk about being busted!) 
Did I ‘fess up?  Nope.  I lied and denied everything.
For 11 years following that fateful conversation, God would often impress on my heart that He wanted me to reach out and apologize.  But I would rationalize His voice away, thinking, “The Lord would never tell me to do this.  He would never want to embarrass me like this.” 
Yet now, I DESPERATELY needed a breakthrough.  I needed a miracle!
So at 9:00 a.m., following my quiet time that day, I looked up the phone number and called her.
No answer. 
Relieved, I left a message.  
After several days without a response from her, I sensed the Lord telling me to write her a note.  
Haven’t I done enough?  I asked the Lord.   After all, I have not seen this girl in 11 years...”  

“Write a note of repentance and apology,”  I kept hearing as I was walking my dog on a sweltering, hot Friday evening. 
As soon as I got home, I didn’t even get a glass of water.  I wrote the note.  I confessed everything that I had said and lied about, telling her that I had a relationship with God now and that He had impressed upon my heart to apologize.  I asked for her forgiveness, signed my name, and put it in the mailbox.
Suddenly, it was as if bricks came off of my shoulders.   Oh girl, there was a refreshing in my spirit that I still cannot describe.  It was almost tangible.  Inner joy and peace sprung into existence right there at the end of my driveway.  I may have skipped back to the door – I don’t know!  It just felt so good to have a clear conscience in every area of my life.
Within a month, major breakthrough came!
Do you have selective listening?  Ask the Lord to reveal any area of your life where you may be glossing over the impressions He places on your heart. 
  • Could it be an apology?
  • Could it be choosing to forgive someone who's wronged you?
  • Could it be volunteering in that place of service He's been calling you to?
  • Could it be to have that certain difficult conversation you've been putting off?
Whatever it is - DO IT!  Don't wait!  Don't procrastinate it.   Think about it:  it would be a shame if you allowed your own stubbornness to hold you back from all God desires to give you!  


ISI December Luncheon,
December 13, 2013
Registration open NOW 
Register HERE
How are YOU making a difference
in
YOUR corner
of the world?

Join us for this rare and unique opportunity to learn how,
NC Lieutenant Governor
Dan Forest
does it!


December Luncheon:
Resolved to Stand Firm -
Making a Difference
in our Corners of the World

God calls believers to be different from the world; to stand firm upon the principles found in His Word; to not compartmentalize Jesus to Sunday mornings only - but to make Him our life.

In December, you'll be encouraged and inspired to stand firm - wherever God has placed YOU - so that you too can make a difference in your corner of the world.






Friday, December13th
11:30am - 1:30pm
 

Hot Plated Lunch
Open for Women and Men
Seating LIMITED
Register early


Great opportunity for:
Individuals
Couples
Corporate outing
Church groups
Bible study groups

Details:
$25 - Now - December 11th

$30 - Pay at the door

Location:
MacGregor Downs Country Club
430 St. Andrews Lane
Cary, NC 27511






No comments:

Post a Comment