Monday, November 25, 2013

Boot Camp Day 16 - Your Everyday Blessings

Psalm 118:28
"You are my God, and I will give you thanks."

Today when I took my dog, Jake for his morning walk at 7:00am  the rush of cold air seemed to feel like a slap in the face.  It was a brutal introduction to the outside!

As I was walking, I began thanking God for my warm, cozy house I had just stepped out of and desperately wanted to quickly reenter! 

My warm house led me to start thanking God for other blessings I often take for granted, like:
  • An indoor bathroom... (Can I get an "AMEN!")
  • Warm showers -
  • A pillow to lay my head at night -
  • A comfy bed to sleep in -
  • Food in my pantry -
  • A grocery store down the street in which to buy groceries -
  • Grocery stores that never run out of food to buy!
  • Clean water to drink -
  • No bombs going off in my back yard...  (Women in other countries face this terror each day.)
  • Electricity in the house!
My father grew up in rural eastern North Carolina.  He did not have running water or electricity until he was 10 years old. (This was in the 1050's!)  This meant going OUTSIDE if you had to go potty in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning!  Can you imagine???

Today:  Do you realize how blessed you are?  
  1. Start a list of YOUR blessings.  Blessings that are often overlooked or taken for granted during the day. 
  2. Write them down in your journal or on a legal pad.  
  3. Label the list:  My Everyday Blessings -
We'll be doing something with that list on Thanksgiving -

Tomorrow's Post: 2013 Blessings -


Tomorrow, I'll be giving you a taste of the Break-outs that have already confirmed!

We've been working HARD.  Thank you for your patience as we work diligently to have registration ready next week as well as my conference schedule.

Shout-out to the Hendersonville, NC girls from Friday at lunch and Friday night!   Thank you for the encouragement:)

No comments:

Post a Comment