Monday, June 10, 2013

Rest for Your Soul

THANK YOU!!!
I am overwhelmed by those of you who read our blog for "help" with our golf tournament - and responded!
I'll give more details of  how you've helped next week.  And I'll be naming names (if you don't mind.)  But I'm blown away by your willingness to help - each in your own unique way!  (It's not too late to help should the Lord prompt you.)

From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU! 


KGM Team Members:  Cindy and Dina. 
We retreated at the beach together this past weekend.
 

Psalm 62:1
My soul finds rest in God alone...

This past Thursday, I drove my daughter to Myrtle Beach for "Heather camp" for the week.  Heather is my sister and my children adore their family. 

So I spent one night with my sister and then drove to Holden Beach to meet the KGM team.  We had a great time.  All 8 of us spent a restful, bonding, sweet weekend together.

But for 4 days straight, I either missed my quiet time or it was way too brief.  One morning I woke up with a migraine. Another morning, I was too busy snuggling with my nephew in front of the TV as he woke up.  The other 2 mornings,  I was too busy visiting with the girls in my posse - probably distracting them- rather than reading my own Bible during that time. 

4 straight days of interrupted quiet time.

But here's the victory...  There was NO guilt or condemnation.  I used to go into such condemnation when I missed my quiet time.  Looking back - I really believe it was because my quiet time was more duty or religion based... rather than relationship based.

This is growth for me.  And today I'm rejoicing!

So this morning - after having slept in my own bed last night (thank you Jesus!) - I got up... Made my coffee... and had the sweetest time with the Lord.  It was so good to be back.  So good to have my Bible back in my lap; my coffee in tow; in my comfy chair with my dog sleeping beside me.  And most importantly, listening to the Voice of the only ONE Who brings rest to my soul...

As much fun as I had with my dear sister, whom I adore and miss greatly.  And for the precious time I had with some of the most important women in my life...

NOTHING compares to time with Jesus each day. 

Truly, He and He alone provides rest for our weary souls.


One of the pictures in my office - it reminds me of the ONLY place to find rest for my soul.  It's not in the fun places of the world  - but it's in my quiet time spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment