Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Golf Tournament 2013 - Thank you!

Psalm 145:4, 5
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise...
One generation will commend your works to another...

I am over the top filled with gratitude in to EVERYONE who supported the 2013 KGM Golf Tournament.  God answered so many of our prayers above and beyond what we expected.  He is such an amazing God. 

Jesus brought 78 players - roughly 20 teams to play in our outreach/fundraising event.

I start by praising Him as El Elohim - Mighty Creator.  We've been praying since April for the weather of June 24th.  Listen to what Adam, the golf pro told me Monday afternoon as all the golfers were starting to come in for lunch:  "There are storms (lightening and rain) 12 miles to the north, 7 miles to the south and east of us.  It's as if we are in a bubble."

This gave me opportunity to speak of our prayer hearing, prayer answering God.

Prayer - prior to Shot-gun start

Next I praise God as Jehovah-raah - The Lord my Shepherd.  My sweet Shepherd has provided for me such an amazing family.  Tim, Will and Caroline to this Missions Project  - and it's been a team project!  Truly, all consuming for about 2 weeks, yet planning for ~2 mths.  You guys are wonderful.  Thank you for allowing me space to be mentally distracted.


My Shepherd has brought my Dad - who's donated time, wisdom, advice, golf balls, players, attention to my every email for help; and prizes in making this such a big success.  As a result, this little missions project has brought my sweet Daddy and I closer together.  I love him so much and I can never begin to repay him for his kindness and goodness.  "Shout out to you, Dad.  You are awesome."                
My Dad - far left in the green

I also praise God for providing my sweet mother.  Who's had to listen to hours of planning and preparation. She's offered solutions to sudden problems and attacks.  She too is so amazing.  I'm grateful for her.

To my sister, Heather - in Myrtle Beach - who donated financially since she could not be here with us, but wanted to be a part of what we're doing in our little corner of the world.  THANK YOU.  (My Mom)

To my in-laws, whom I adore:  Dick AND Peg Berry who played and brought teams with them.  AND  To my sister-in-law - who donated an exhorbitant amount of beverages for the entire field of golfers.  She saved us so much money. Thank you!  (In-laws to the left)




To my BOTH SETS of Aunts and Uncles:  Connie and Dwight O'Neil; Judy and Jeff Baran.  All four brought teams plus they helped procure awesome prizes that ended up being our first place winner awards!  Thank you for believing in what God is doing through KGM - enough to donate your time and support.

Below is Judy, my aunt                                                             Connie, my aunt


But mine wasn't the only family God brought.  The God of the Universe, Who's first institution was marriage and family brought:  7 husband/wife teams; 8 father/son teams; sister teams; 3 grandfather/grandchild teams.  One gal who played - her son and daughter paid her way!
Below are a few of the pictures of the generations!


       























To the KGM Team -


Who prayed fervently and faithfully. Who gave of their time, attention and energy.  Several of them brought a golf team of their own.  Paid for babysitters; took off work from their full-time jobs - how can I ever begin to thank you enough?  I can't.  But I'm praying.  And our God who is El Elyon - the Most High God, can.  May He repay you for generosity. 

And to sweet Fuller -
WE have these awesome pictures because of YOU!  Thank you for sharing the gift of your giftings.  Look at how you are impacting this small corner of the world - just by doing one of the things you were created to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment