Monday, September 17, 2012

Jury Duty

Esther 4:14
"...for such a time is this."
 
In the corner of the jury lounge.  Brought lots of work with me.
Today, (Monday) I have jury duty.  The timing could not be worse.   I’ve just come off of a major weekend and there’s always lots of follow up.  
But this morning and Saturday morning in my quiet time  – the Lord seemed to reiterate that it is not an accident that I’m here.  Saturday, I read, “I have called you to tell the truth and to render verdicts in your courts…”  (Zechariah 8:16)
“Oh great,” I thought.
And when I called on Friday night – to see if I had to report, the message said, “Jurors # 1-332 must report.” 
I’m #332!
And in my quiet time this morning, I was reading about  Esther in my Chronological Bible.   Her cousin, Mordecai told her that she was placed in the palace “for such a time as this.”
At the time, I didn’t understand how this applied to my day…  But as I opened the courthouse door this morning, I heard in my heart, “for such a time as this you are here.”
I’m trying hard not to complain and grumble but to look at the God side:
·         I’m sitting in one chair and have been all morning.  Kind of boring, but my body and mind is resting.  If I were at home – I’d be working relentlessly.
·         I’m actually taking time to plan and think things through.  I’m not sure about you, but when I’m super busy – I fly by the seat of my pants – sometimes attending to the urgent not the important.  I’ve had time this morning to think through what’s important and to properly plan.
·         I’m hungry.  But I’m praising Jesus there’s a Chick-fil-A 312 feet from me outside the courthouse.  (Yes, I googled the closest Chick-fil-A and Starbucks!)
SO, not by might, nor by power by the Spirit’s power in me, I will sit quietly and contently to see what the Lord has for me.   Still praying that I will be released!
Are you in a place you’d prefer not be?  Unless you’ve intentionally jumped out of God’s will – be at peace and be content.  Don’t fight Him and do not grumble.  (Remember, the Israelites spent 40 years in the desert due to unbelief and complaining.) You’re exactly where God wants you to be.  Look for His fingerprints in that place… For such a time as this – He has placed you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is about all I can say right now. What a positive outlook to what many would complain and grumble about. Often times I tend to complain when things come up unexpectedly, but this is a great reminder that He knows and we just need to trust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, great perspective! Yesterday Michael Hyatt posted "A Question That Changes Everything." Here's the question - What does this experience make possible? You're living it out today finding God's possibilities in what most would view as less than ideal. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete