Wednesday, March 25, 2015

3 Steps to Living Above INSECURITY



Thursday night, March 26th,
Hope Community, in Cary

How to Recharge your Spiritual Health 
Tickets HERE   (Must have a ticket:)






  • You'll learn how to have a meaningful, dynamic quiet time!
  • I'll teach you my method for using the Prayer Journal, Growing Stronger Roots and the significance it has in establishing an intimate relationship with Jesus!  I'll be going through it step by step!
  • Journals discounted $4 if purchased with a ticket OR bring your own!
We've never done this before.  Take advantage of this unique event!

ALSO:  BIG ANNOUNCEMENT



God is leading me on a NEW ADVENTURE.  I'll be honest, because of insecurities, it's taken weeks maybe months for me to get used to this new direction.  

But because of the time I've spent with the Lord and I'm choosing to BELIEVE and trust Him, God finally has me in place that I'm ready to share.  Don't miss it!  (If you have to miss, I'll share it in a post SOON!)


3 Steps to Living Above Insecurity

Psalm 103:11-12
:11  For His unfailing love toward those who fear Him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.  
:12  He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.
:13  The Lord is like a father to His children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him.
:14  For He knows how weak we are: He remembers we are only dust.



Last Friday's luncheon featured Lindsey Wingo - as she shared ways to help us overcome the insecurities we face.  Here's a quick recap - be blessed!  (See Luncheon pics, click here)

First, she identified common insecurities women face - such as:

  • Rejection - from a parent, a boyfriend, a friend, a spouse, a group of friends or simply feeling left out...
  • Instability in the home
  • Harsh words spoken - maybe even years ago -
  • Abuse of any kind
  • Financial stress
  • Lack of attention or affection
  • Pressure from the culture - magazines, keeping up with the Jones', media
After identifying your insecurity, Lindsey suggested praying something like this:
"God, Your Word says those who seek You will find you.  I am choosing to seek you.  Please let me find You in a new and fresh way.  Show me that You really do want to be close to me.  Show me that because of Christ, I really am worthy to fellowship with You.  Prove to me that you care about the details of my life.  Show me how you want to use me for your glory.  Speak to me through Your Word."

3 Steps to combat Insecurity:

  1. Identify the Root of Insecurity in our Lives
  2. Realize and Submit to the true Source of your security - (God, our Rock!  Isaiah 44:8)
  3. Stand on Truth - 

What is an example of a root of insecurity?

  • Pursuit of perfection..
  • People pleasing
  • Control freak issues!
  • Jealousy
  • Critical Spirit
  • Anxiety/Worry
  • Materialistic
  • Seductive
Lindsey reminded us, "In order to live above our insecurities, we must first see them for what they really are - lies from Satan.  Acknowledge them to the Lord.  And maybe even acknowledge them to a trusted friend.  The only power the enemy has over a Christian is the power of secrets - the things kept in the dark."

Stand on Truth
A simple yet profound fact:  we cannot stand on truth if we do not know the truth.  We must be in God's Word in order to stand on the truth and allow Him to take captive our thoughts.  When we have thoughts and feelings surface that do not line up with God's Word - we must REJECT THEM!  FEELINGS are NOT TRUTH!

Get in the Word Girlfriend!  (if you need to learn how - you need to come to Hope, Thursday night!)

2015 Spring Fashion Segment!
Shout out to My Girlfriend's Closet, a local upscale consignment shop that loaned out clothes for Lindsey to use as examples of what's hot this season and what's not!



We've uploaded on our Facebook page - MANY of the outfits she paired.  I, personally would have never made a few of these pairings.  But they looked amazing!

I'll make these pairings now!  Hope to see you tomorrow night at HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment