Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What does Knowing God REALLY Mean?

Thank you blog readers for helping us with our golf tournament fundraiser.  You have helped tremendously!  We are grateful for your generosity.     The final things needed are:

1.  Tee Sponsorships -  This is a great and inexpensive way to advertise your business.  (I just need 3!)
2.  Prizes for our raffle - Restaurant certificates; manicure/pedicure certificate; car washes; family fun centers; art work; books, coolers, Starbucks Gift Card, Gas Gift Card -   Thank you so much for your help:)

Psalm 63:5
"My soul will be satisfied with the richest of foods."

One of you sent me a note with your golf donation recently that contained one of the most poignant thoughts.  You said, "Knowing God is what life is all about."  

Girlfriend...  Well said!  That about sums it up!

Knowing God... is what life is about.  It's not just a one time occurrence that garners "fire insurance" and ends with a dunking or a sprinkling.

It's SO much more.

If this is all knowing God is to you - you're selling yourself short on all God desires to give you. Do you realize that knowing God is knowing: 
  • the Creator and Founder of all life? 
  • It's knowing your final destination when you breathe your last -
  • it's knowing your sins are forgiven - all of them.  Even the stupid things you've done -
  • it's knowing you don't have to live with guilt and condemnation for those stupid things - 
  • it's knowing Security when circumstances in your life breed insecurity;
  • it's standing in courage instead of fear because you KNOW the One Who holds you.
  • it's knowing deep down joy and contentment when life is far from "fun";
  • it's having soul peace when your circumstances scream chaos;
  • it's a life of purpose and meaning - 
God is knowable.  He's not far away or distant.  He's really close.  In fact, I can tell you with great certainty:  He's as close to you as YOU want Him to be.  

If you want Him to be far - DONE.  He'll stand back and not interfere.

If you want Him to be close -  Giddy up!  He longs to draw near to you.

But hear me -  when we come to Him, we can't come to the God we want Him to be or the God we think He is...  Otherwise, He would be a little "g" god.  We must come to the God of the Bible. And we must come on His terms.


I remember when God was the button I pressed when trouble came.   True peace and joy?   I didn't have deep down in your soul peace. I lived with insecurity, guilt and condemnation.   Fear and worry often dominated my thoughts and I was addicted to the approval of others.  
Because of KNOWING GOD, I rarely battle these issues anymore.  God is not the button I press - 
He's my life.  He's my everything.   I've learned to do life through the effective, results oriented prism of His Word. 

Do you know Him?   Girlfriend, He's knowable.  Don't cut yourself short.   Knowing God IS what life is all about.  

Something different today - 
I encourage you, to take your Bible and meditate on these Scriptures.  These passages will open your eyes to what you may be missing if God is your button.
  • Psalm 63:1-5
  • Acts 17:28
  • 1 Corinthians 2:9
  • John 1: 1-12
Click HERE to learn more about Knowing God.


No comments:

Post a Comment