Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lies I Chose to Believe


KGM Team Member:  
Madeline Gioja

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

At the “Making A Difference” conference I was greatly impacted in my relationship with Jesus.  I felt like the Lord spoke directly to me through Linda Barrick when she asked the question,

“What are the lies you are believing about yourself’?” 

I froze for a solid 30 seconds when she said that…and then my first thought was:
THERE ARE TOO MANY TO COUNT.

I wrote down the question and then quickly retreated to the prayer room as soon as the session ended.

I fell to my knees and the tears started almost immediately. All the lies I was believing, I started to jot them down on a scrap piece of paper.
 “I’m not good enough. . .  or smart enough.. . .  I do not work well on a team.. . . . I’m bad with people. . . . I’m bad a speaking and sharing.”

These were several of the lies I had chosen to believe after I was fired abruptly last year from my job.


None of them were true about me or lined up with God’s Word, but I still believed many of them to my very core. What I realized at this conference is even though I had moved on with a new job, I had not disarmed the lies.

In that quiet prayer room, I was finally honest with the Lord. 

I prayed:

“Jesus, I need You to take away these lies and this bitterness that seems to be in my heart...
God this is not of You and I know you need to be able to use me in the workplace. 
My heart is breaking Lord because I truly believe these horrible things about myself and I wish I didn’t. God I truly believe I don’t fit anywhere…
I know it is not fair to judge myself so harshly,  
but I must truly trust that You have created me 
and that I have strength, peace, and joy in You. 
God, I need Your deliverance. 
I know I fit in You.”


I would like to encourage you to take a moment right now and truly ask yourself (and ask God if you’re not sure) -

“What are the lies I am believing about myself?” 

The Lord wants to deliver you from unforgiveness and bitterness and heal the broken places of your heart.  (Check out:   Isaiah 46:4, and Psalm 147:3).

Praying that God hugs your heart the way He hugged mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment