Monday, April 14, 2014

How Easter Gives us A Wonderful Life

Hebrews 12:2
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning it's shame."

Easter is possibly the greatest event in the history of mankind.   Yet, I'm gonna be honest:  Easter is difficult for me.  I'd much rather celebrate Christmas.

Why?  To remember:
  • My Jesus being spit upon; slapped and betrayed... breaks my heart. 
  • His friends sleeping instead of comforting Him - is reminiscent of something I might do. 
  • His friends betraying and disowning Him - depresses me.
  • The pressure being so intense, He sweat drops of blood... is almost more than I can take.
Yet this year, I've had a shift in my thinking.  Easter is the reason I have a wonderful life.

You see, things are not perfect in my life, but I have a wonderful life.  And if you are a child of Godyou too have a great life.

Why do we have a wonderful life???
  • Our eternal destiny is secure.  John 3:16
  • We have the Holy Spirit of God living within us - giving us guidance and direction for life.  John 16:13
  • We are given the privilege of hearing the voice of God!  John 10:3
  • We are free!  We don't have to live with bondage's in our life.  Galatians 5:1
  • We don't have to live in fear:  Fear of the past; fear of the future; fear of man.  2 Tim 1:7
  • We have hope despite living in a deprave, unjust world.   Romans 15:13
  • We have the promise that all things will work for good in our lives, even our circumstances stink.   Romans 8:28
  • We have no condemnation over our confessed sin.  We are forgiven! 1 John 1:9 and Romans 8:1
  • We have no guilt over confessed sin.   Psalm 32:6
  • We are not called sinners anymore but are called saints!  (Notice the heading of Paul's letters.  He addresses the people as "saints" not "sinners."  Even the church at Corinth)
  • Our life has a specific God ordained purpose.  Hebrews 12:2-3

It cost Jesus EVERYTHING to give us a wonderful life.  Do we have a wonderful life or what?!!

This week, I will be intentional about studying the Easter account.  My prayer is that I'll have a fresh appreciation of all Jesus went through to give me.  Join me in this prayer and let's study together!

Question:  The list above could go on and on.  Share with me HERE some of the things Christ died to give us that I didn't name?

Homework:  Read Matthew 26:30-45; Luke 22:39-46

Tween Extravaganza!
Mothers and Daughters (Age 7-14) -
Saturday, May 17, 2014  
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Event benefits a ministry called Education Equals Hope

Join us for this super special MOTHER/DAUGHTER event! 
Myers Park Presbyterian Church- Oxford Hall

2501 Oxford Place Charlotte, NC 28207



Come dance and sing with the girls from 1 Girl Nation.  These girls are passionate about teaching young girls to live for Jesus while they're young.  How awesome is this for our girls to see such awesome examples???

I will also be speaking at this event.   Get your tickets TODAY!
Back stage passes available!  
THE PROGRAM BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 5:00PM AND ENDS AT 6:30PM









No comments:

Post a Comment