Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Respecting your Husbands

FRIDAY, December 14th
11:30am-1:00pm
MacGregor Downs Country Club, Cary NC
Guest Speaker:  Amy Carroll, Proverbs 31 Ministries
General Session:  Shades of Grey and Other Cultural Conflicts
Preregistration Rate ends Wednesday!
Click HERE to Preregister

Ephesians 5:33
Each one of you should love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
 
God has given men the command to "love" their wives as their own bodies.  But women are commanded to "respect" their husbands.
 
Have you ever asked the Lord to show you areas you can verbalize respect?  Maybe it's the fact that:
  • He's a good provider -
  • Has put a roof over your head -
  • Is home most evenings with the family -
  • Coaches your child's sport's team - etc...
When we point out all the defects our husbands have, we diminish him as a man and as a husband.   However, when we honestly verbalize respect for the good he has done, we build him up.   Husbands not only desire, but need respect from their wives.  It's how God has wired them.
 
Ask God today to show you the areas you can give honest approval and respect for your husband.  And watch your husband and marriage bloom like a beautiful flower!
 
Read Ephesians 5:22-23 for more.


 

Do you leave margin in your Christmas Schedule?

A good friend invited my family over for dinner on the 20th, (next week). 
Last year in my Christmas Journal, in the "Things I'll do Different Next Year" section - I made a note to NOT over plan the week of Christmas.
(I got a little carried away last year and by the time Christmas Day arrived, my entire family was exhausted!)

Get yours Today! 
20% off this week
Great for Teacher Gifts and Girlfriend Gifts

1 comment:

  1. This post meant so much to me. I wish I lived closer to attend the luncheon. This is an area that I lack sometimes... Tending to point out the small flaws rather than the many blessings my husband is. I loves your list and plan to thank my husband for each of those.

    ReplyDelete