Monday, November 5, 2012

Will Your Vote Stand the Test of Fire?

 
1 Corinthians 3:10
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it.  But each one should be careful how he builds.
If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.  It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 
 
1 Corinthians 4:2
Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
 
How blessed we are to have the privilege of voting in the United States.  Wars have been fought; men and women have lost their lives so that you and I could have a voice in the public arena.  I think of the women in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, China, North Korea and many other nations who have not been given the right to vote.  But, we in America have been given this amazing right.  It's a sacred trust!
 
I've been told that of the 60 million evangelical Christian women, only 30 million actually vote.*   And of this number, the 40 and younger demographic, tend to stay home.
 
Don't stay at home!  Go and vote, if you have not already. 
 
On Tuesday afternoon, I'll be taking my children with me to our voting precinct.  We are a family who votes in EVERY election.  Even in off years.  And whether they like it or not,  my kids come with me.  (They are excited about going this year!)  I think it's important to make them part of the process if at all possible.
 
And as Fayeson Tilley, a KGM Board Member challenged us last week, (Read it HERE if you missed it.  It's powerful), inspect the fruit against what each candidate stands for...
 
Will your vote for or against stand the test of fire in all eternity?  (Profound thought.)  Based upon 1 Corinthians 4:2, I believe we will be held accountable for the trust we've been given.
 
Powerful video - take a look.  It's only 2 minutes.
 
Make your vote count before the Eyes of Eternity.

Wallbuilders *

1 comment:

  1. Great Video! What an excellent reminder of all the moral issues that we are voting in lieu of today. :)

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete