Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Selective Hearing

Belk

Belk Charity Sale
up 70% off storewide!
(Details + Luncheon Info below!)

Isaiah 66:2
"This is the one I esteem," declares the Lord, 
"He who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my Word."

I often joke with my husband by telling him he has selective hearing.  He hears the things he wants and ignores what he doesn't want to hear!

But if I'm honest, I wonder if God thinks the same of me.  Although I genuinely want to hear God's direction,  when I sense Him saying something I really don't want to hear such as: 

  • "Forgive...  I'll vindicate," when in reality, I'd rather vindicate.  
  • Or "Fast and pray," when I don't want to deny myself chocolate or dessert.  
  • Or "Go and engage" when I'd rather stay in my comfort zone...
Its as if I turn into a quintessential two year old with a my fingers in my ears singing, "I don't hear you!"  Whatever it may be, I tend to turn the page and pretend I didn't hear that.  'Surely that isn't for me,'  I'll tell myself.   

How do YOU respond when God impresses something on your heart, you'd rather not hear?  Do you tremble at His Word?  Are you humble toward what He has to say?  Do you tend to have selective hearing as well?
If you and I want to the benefits of a closer walk with Him such as:   
  • Hearing Him speak into ALL our circumstances giving direction and guidance
  • Filling our marriages and/or parenting or business' with His resurrection life when we're on empty
  • Living with joy and peace, despite the battle we may be facing...
WE have to resist the urge of being a selective listener.   THIS He esteems!



Belk

Belk Charity Sale
up 70% off storewide!

Get a jump on your Christmas shopping!

4 Hours ONLY!
Saturday, Nov. 7
6am-10am
ANY Belk Store

Must have Ticket 
Tickets are $5

Receive DEEP discounts $5 off with your ticket.

Contact our office to get your ticket or to share with your friends! melody@knowinggodministries.net  

Available at Luncheon and
KGM @ Nite as well!


Luncheon - October 16th 
Wednesday is last day for early registration

When it comes to money, what's the hot button in your home?

General Session 
The Cure for the Cash Clash

Workshop
Cash Clash Live - Open Forum

Speaker
Nia Davenport,CPA, Life Coach


Nia Davenport is truthful, relatable and funny!  
Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment