Tuesday, December 9, 2014

3 Practical Ways to Keep CHRIST in Christmas

December's Luncheon - December 12, 2014

Registration ends Wednesday or when registration is full.
Not far from capacity!

Speakers: Johnny and Beth Evans
Growing Stronger by Grace

 Photo: Join us next Friday at the Knowing God Ministries Luncheon to hear Beth and Johnny Evans  - Registration has begun!   www.knowinggodministries.net  - Click on Luncheon



2 Corinthians 13:11
Be joyful.  Grow to maturity.  Encourage each other.  Live in harmony and peace.  Then the God of love and peace will be with you.

I can't believe we're in the month of December!

For many, this means the shopping; the decorating, the cooking, the parties and the planning for family and friend gatherings have commenced.   I personally LOVE every minute of it!
Yet with all the busyness, we as believers must be intentional about keeping CHRIST in CHRISTmas. 

Three quick practical ways from personal experience in the last 2 weeks:
  • Spend quality time with Jesus each morning in front of your Christmas Tree.  If you've read this blog for any length of time, you must think I'm a broken record.  I don't care!  I can't say it enough.  It's paramount.  I'm serious - time spent with Jesus each morning, will prepare you for the parking lot snakes.  (covered in the next point)  
As for what to read during your quiet time, I would suggest reading the many Christmas Scriptures (see below for a list) to help keep your focus on Jesus.   The Gospel of Luke is also a great place to start.
  • DO NOT FREAK OUT when someone snakes your parking place at Target on a rainy Saturday... (oh yeah, totally snaked it!) Forcing you to park in no-man's land with your daughter ...only to end up in line behind the parking lot snakes at the Returns counter... soaking wet and cold.
Furious... maybe seething... I had to remind myself, "My daughter is watching... I can react the way I feel or represent Jesus, what's it going to be?"   

By God's grace, I gritted my teeth and chose to represent Jesus as best I could.

As I stood there thinking horrible thoughts, one little glimmer of LIGHT seemed to break through, "The Baby in the manger you read about this morning, came for the parking lot snakes too..."

I suddenly felt very sorry for them.  Compassion even started to rise within me. My shoulders relaxed a bit.   'Surely they don't know Jesus,' I thought.  'They would never have done something so blatantly rude if they did.'  
So here's the deal my fellow sisters in Christ - GIVE UP your rights to a parking place or our right to the place in line when it's questionable as to who go there first.

You know that moment.  It's  that awkward moment when you really just want the other person to say, "I know you got here first, go ahead and go."   But you didn't get there first or you really aren't sure who did!   (This happens all the time at Chick-fil-A to me!)   When this happens, just DIE!  Die to your rights.  Jesus did.
  • Tell people "Merry Christmas!" instead of "Happy Holidays."  The phrase, 'Happy Holidays' really makes me want to gag.  (Sorry, a little too honest today, huh?)  The season is about Jesus!  (CHRISTmas)  I try really hard not to be obnoxious, but I just can't cave on this one.  I encourage you not to either!  Stand firm!

Think about the significance:
God made a radical decision that NO OTHER world religion can boast.  HE made a decision to come to us.  The Baby in the manger, is God in the flesh, coming to us because He knew we could not do  enough good things to get to Him.  So out of great love to you and me, HE came to rescue us.

This is what Christmas is all about!  Enjoy:)

Christmas Scriptures
Isaiah 7:14
Isaiah 9:6,7
Luke 1:5-25
Luke 1: 26-38
Luke 2:1-20
Matthew 1-2

Great Gift Idea for YOU or the people you love:

   
New, Christmas Devotional and Memories Journal
It gives you:
  • 16 life changing Christmas devotions leading up to the birth of Christ.
  • Creative ideas to share Jesus in a practical meaningful way in the midst of your celebrations!
  • 3 years of journaling pages devoted to recording special Christmas memories!
  • Much More!
Take a sneak peak HERE!
Order HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment