Monday, January 28, 2013

My Beach Retreat with Jesus

 
Job 3:8, 10-14 NLT
Who kept the sea inside its boundaries as it burst from the womb...
For I locked it behind barred gates limiting its shores.
I said, 'This far and no farther will you come. Here your proud waves must stop."
 
 
Last Thursday through Saturday, I received an answer to prayer. 
 
Since last summer, God put in my heart the desire to get away, alone, preferably to the beach, to write the next study He's put on my heart.  Last week, the door opened.
 
The same God Who drew a line in the sand and said, 'This far and no farther will you come. Here your proud waves must stop."   The same God Who commands the morning to appear and causes the dawn to rise in the east,'
  • Made a way for me not only to go to the beach, but made a way for it to cost me or KGM nothing!  (A God story for another time.) 
  • Ocean Front - King Suite at a Resort.  (See the view above from my room.)
  • He provided something for my husband and son to do while we were away.
  • He provided a place for my daughter - with my sister, who lives in Myrtle Beach, a place she loves to go.
  • He put on my sweet, sweet sister's heart to put all my favorite things in the room. She had stocked it with what I call, "brain food," such as fruit, nuts, granola bars, yogurt and of course my favorite coffee and creamer.
Not only that, she filled the refrigerator with a favorite that I no longer indulge - Smart Water!  Have you ever had it? Oh, my! I love it. My husband picks on me and calls it my 'cloud water,'  I tell him it makes me smarter! (only kidding.)


I would be remiss, if I didn't tell you about the surcee's she left as well: Peanut M&M's, Skittles, and Peanut Butter Cups! Talk about hospitality and kindness. She is one of the most thoughtful people I know.


Shout out to you my sweet, Heather! You are a gift from Jesus and are awesome. From the moment I pulled out of your driveway, I've missed you.  Can't wait to hug your neck again.  How blessed I am to be your sister. 
(See below, Heather and I, on the Sky Wheel together prior to New Years.)
 



I unplugged from email/calls/texts, etc... and retreated with Jesus for 2 days and 2 nights. I'm SO behind on emails.   If you're sent me an email in the last week, bear with me. 

Much of the frame work for the next study was completed as God allowed me to be awed by His Majestic Splendor,  His Bigness, and Power as I stared out onto the Atlantic Ocean...  Watching the sun rise and hearing the sound of the rushing waters.

Shout out to You, my sweet Jesus- Who is Greater and Bigger than I can comprehend. Thank you for allowing me to see a glimpse of Your kindness and greatness first hand...  And in a way that was very personal.

Do it the same for the people who read this blog - today, this week...  Do it in a way that's so personal - that it can only be understood as coming  from You - May You be worshipped and thanked for being real and active in all our lives. 

Shout out to my supportive husband - thank you for sweet reentry and for being so thoughtful to cook one of my favorites upon our return.


Have you ever commanded the morning to appear and caused the dawn to rise in the east?
Have you made daylight spread to the ends of the earth to bring an end to the night's wickedness.
As the light approaches,
The earth takes shape like clay pressed beneath a seal; it is robed in brilliant colors.
 
 

1 comment: